Have you been looking for a way to make your dog more obedient? If running out of bounds is an issue, you need to render them completely safe while also giving them much needed discipline.
The Top 5 Wireless Dog Fence and Training Collar Combos
- The Top 5 Wireless Dog Fence and Training Collar Combos
- Top Pick: WIEZ Dog Fence Wireless & Training Collar
- Runner Up: Pet Control HQ Wireless Electric Fence and Wireless Remote Dog Training Shock Collar System
- Best for Multiple Dogs: KoolKani Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Fence Combo
- Best for Cats and Dogs: PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
- Best for Your Budget: GROOVYPETS Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Fence System
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Top Pick: WIEZ Dog Fence Wireless & Training Collar
The new WIEZ Dog Fence Wireless & Training Collar is one of the best all around starter models for people who are new to the concept of wireless training units. It’s very affordable, very easy to set up, and extremely simple to operate.
While other units are more intricate and adaptable, this is our number one pick precisely because it’s so basic. For most small to medium size dog owners, this wireless dog fence and training collar combo will be all they will ever need to buy.
- Uses the most advanced 2.4G frequency technology to generate a stable and accurate signal
- Control diameter of up to 1,968 feet with a control radius of up to 98 feet
- Click “Mode” to switch between sound, vibration, and static warning functions
- A bit on the basic side. Adding extra dogs to the system will require the purchase of extra collars
- Some combo units work for cats as well, but not this one
Runner Up: Pet Control HQ Wireless Electric Fence and Wireless Remote Dog Training Shock Collar System
The new Wireless Electric Fence and Wireless Remote Dog Training Shock Collar System is the perfect deluxe model. It contains all of the elements you will need to properly fence and train your dog plus a few handy extras.
- Includes a remote shock collar that is an excellent choice for training while off the leash
- Fence can be installed above or below ground in order to avoid metal fences
- Collar fits dogs weighing 11 to 154 pounds with a neck size that ranges from 8 to 27 inches
- A bit on the pricy side, although the impressive list of basic and deluxe features makes it well worth the investment for the buyer with a bigger budget
Best for Multiple Dogs: KoolKani Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Fence Combo
The KoolKani Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Fence Combo is the perfect system to train multiple dogs. The combo keeps up to three dogs fully disciplined and secured.
- Contains a remote shock collar system and underground/in-ground dog containment system in one handy package
- Wires for underground system can be conveniently buried 3 to 6 inches deep
- 1200 meter remote range collar
- It’s a bit on the pricy side but well worth the investment for its numerous features and multiple dog training capacity
Best for Cats and Dogs: PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
The PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence is the best new wireless fence and training collar combo for dogs and cats. Its special features and unique adaptability make it ideal for safely fencing and training members of both species.
- 1/2 acre of circular coverage
- Special static free reentry feature is designed to allow both dogs and cats to come back inside with no penalty
- multiple levels of warning and correction are adjusted to fit cats as well as dogs
- Best for cats and smaller dogs
- Definitely the priciest item on this list but well worth the investment if you have cats as well as dogs you wish to train
Best for Your Budget: GROOVYPETS Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Fence System
The GROOVYPETS Remote Dog Training Shock Collar & Fence System is a good choice for dog owners on a budget. It has all the basic features you need but, unlike our top choice, is geared primarily toward medium and larger-sized dogs.
- The system is designed to safely and effective train up to 3 dogs at once
- Completely wireless fencing system will enclose as many dogs as you need to
- Comes with a remote range of up to 1100 yards
- As noted above, this is not a unit that is designed for the needs of smaller dogs
Are Any of These Units Also Suitable for Cats?
Unless clearly specified, all of these units are meant for small to medium-sized dogs and not for the use of cats.
How Large of an Area Does the Average Model Cover?
The precise area of coverage will depend on the specific model that you select. However, the average area for the models on this list is equivalent to 70 acres.
Do the Receivers in These Units Need to Be Synced with the Transmitter for the First Use?
They are already synced. If you desire to add an extra receiver, it will need to be synced with the transmitter before its first use.
Are All of the Collars on This List Shockproof?
We have personally vetted all of the collars on this list and can certify them to be fully shockproof.
Is Wi-fi Required for the Models on This List?
A wi-fi connection is not required. Each of the models on this list will simply need to be fully charged in order to work.