There are several good training collars for dogs that fit all dog sizes and needs. This can make things very time-consuming and confusing to find a dog collar that is best for your dog. To make things a little easier, we have put together a buying guide of popular and best dog shock collars.
However, their use is a very controversial matter as they may cause irreversible harm to your dog, be it physical by leaving burn marks on their necks, or mental and emotional by stressing your dog out and causing aggression.
Some dogs, however, are used for hunting or in a place where they might face dangerous venomous animals such as snakes or bugs, and in this case, a training collar may seem like a good solution.
It should, by all means, be considered a last resort.
So in case you need to condition your dog not to approach venomous snakes or not take food from outside sources that may cause your pet diseases or even death, here are some of the best dog training collars you can get.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks Quick Table
- The Best Dog Shock Collars for Dog Training
- Best Overall
- Best for Large Dogs With Thick Fur
- Best for Small Dogs – Dogtra IQ Remote Trainer
- Best Automatic Anti-Bark Collar – SportDOG NoBark 10R
- Best for Two Dogs – Petrainer PET998DRD
- Best GPS Collar Trainer/Wireless Fence Combo – Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle
- Best Trainer for Hiking (non-tracker) – Garmin Delta XC bundle
- Best Hunting Dog Collar – Dogtra ARC Remote
- Best Hunting Runner Up – SportDOG FieldTrainer 425
- How does a Training Collar Work?
- Final Words
Our Top Picks Quick Table
The Best Dog Shock Collars for Dog Training
In my experience, the Dog Care Collar is the ideal training tool for your pup, featuring an unbeatable price point, an adjustable strap and a plethora of features.
It’s my favorite e-collar for shock collar training. With this revolutionary collar, you can be sure that your pet will learn quickly – all at a great value!
With three distinct shock collar training modes and the ability to use a remote for up to nine dogs, you can do more than you think with this product at an affordable cost. What’s even better is that it features alternative methods of teaching such as vibration or tone before having to resort to shock therapy!
In addition, the collar is made with durable materials and has a waterproof rating, ensuring that it won’t be damaged by all those pool parties or trips to the beach. With its one-size-fits-all strap design, this product allows you to customize your pup’s fit so he can feel comfortable while learning.
Finally, the Dog Care Collar offers great customer service, allowing you to contact us directly with any questions or concerns – making sure that your pup is taken care of. With all these features and more, it’s easy to see why this product is a must-have for any pet parent!
- Multiple training modes dog shock collar with remote. Dogcare electronic dog training collar with remote provides 3 efficient and safe training modes (beep, vibration and shock modes) for you to teach a dog basic obedience commands and solve uncontrollable dog's behaviour problems
- Less accidental shock. Have you ever feel sorry for the accidental shock to your dog caused by your misoperation? Now with the DOG CARE shock collars for dogs with remote, no more accidental shock would happen to your dog. The security keypad lock prevent any misoperation on the remote. Feel easy to carry the remote without worrying about the accidental shock
- More channels maximum control. Unlike other training collar for up to 2 dogs training. Dogcare Dog Training Collar supports 9 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter. If you have more than 2 dogs in your house, dog remote shock collar waterproof would be a wonderful option for you
- Adjustable static levels and strap size. Do you fear to hurt your dog in Shock Mode? Dogcare Dog Training Collar offers adjustable 1~99 static level for you. You can adjust the accurate static level for your dog. Also this dog training shock collars for dogs with remote is size adjustable. Wonderful for 15lbs~100lbs size dogs
- Long remote range and battery life training collar for dogs effective training. Wireless control for up to 330 yards remote range. Feel easy to train your dog with Dogcare Electronic Dog Training Collar with remote in the park or backyard. Long battery life ensure you an effective dog training
- Fastest to remove unwanted behaviors
- Great for positive reinforcement training (in my opinion)
- Works in a range of sizes for most dogs
- Used by professional dog trainers
- Easy to learn remote control
- 3 Basic Command Modes
- Waterproof collar
- 0-99 intensity levels for electric shocks
- 9 dogs capabilities
- 330-yard coverage
- Battery charge doesn’t always hold up
Best for Large Dogs With Thick Fur
According to our tests, the Pet Resolve dog collar is a great choice for larger dogs with long hair because the stimulation is powerful enough to dissuade larger dogs from bad behavior. The adjustable type of collar also allows you to fit the collar in close to the skin and past the hair. Plus, and most importantly, it comes with several different lengths of pins to guarantee skin contact no matter how thick your dog’s fur is.
Three training modes allow you to dissuade your large dog with other means like vibration and tone.
- FANTASTIC NEW UPGRADE SINCE MAY= 4.7* + EXTRA LONG & REMOVE THE SHOCK PRONGS + NO STANDBY MODE ALWAYS READY + ANTI BARK & LIGHT NIGHT MODE! Is your dog misbehaving and you want a well behaved pet with minimal fuss? The Pet Resolve system is the perfect solution to train upto 3 dogs for a range of desirable behaviors. Don't let your dog get side-tracked by other animals or misbehave in public. Teach your canine companion how to act properly with arguably the top training collar on the market!
- SUPER LONG RANGE AND MEMORY; forget other dog training collars which use cheap plastic that breaks when you drop it and are designed for small spaces and yards, our e collar dog training system is of the highest quality and has a super long 3/4 Mile range (1312 yards suitable for hunting dogs) for easy outdoor training covering the widest areas! You certainly get what you pay for with training collars and unfortunately most cheap collars won't last long!
- VARIABLE SHOCK & VIBRATION LEVELS, ANTI BARK & LIGHT for NIGHT MODE; train up to 3 dogs at once (additional collars required) with up to 10 levels of continuous or momentary shock (hold down button to shock for 1 up to 8 seconds, ideal for emergencies!) vibrations, or beeps, for safe, efficient training, allowing you to teach your dog a range of commands. Sometimes it only takes one click of a button to completely change the behavior of your dog and the vibration button does the job for most!
- WATERPROOF CONSTRUCTION; does your dog love to run outside or swim? Unlike cheap collars, our training system is completely waterproof (remote splash proof) and can be fully submerged without damage! Most other collars fail in the rain, we provide shock collars dogs can actually swim in all year round! It's worth noting that this collar doesn't go in to standby mode like most, meaning that it's ready to use when you actually need it!
- ULTRA LONG LASTING BATTERY & WARRANTY for LARGE, MEDIUM AND SMALL DOGS OVER 15LBS; our training collar is powered by a super high capacity rechargeable Li-ion battery, fully charged in 2 hours (Charge above 32 fahrenheit in the house) , for long lasting training without having to constantly change batteries! You also get a warranty included no questions asked and World Class Customer Service!
- 0-100 levels of stimulation
- 3 training modes
- Effective for dogs 25 pounds and up
- Waterproof/spray collar
- Adjustable collar
- Might need to use higher levels for large dogs to feel the stimulation
Best for Small Dogs – Dogtra IQ Remote Trainer
For our small pups, the Dogtra IQ combines a couple of very useful features such as being 100% waterproof and suitable for smaller dogs that weigh around 10 pounds.
It has a pretty wide coverage range compared to the average collar, which extends up to 400 yards.
It quickly charges as it can be fully charged in around 2 hours. And while its performance is great, it sometimes sends inconsistent stimulations which could mess up your training.
It also works with 100 levels of stimulation, which helps you find the correct range for conditioning your dog, and helps you see progress with very stubborn dogs.
Its receiver comes with a magnetic on/off switch, which facilitates starting and ending the training sessions.
- Bundle of 2 Items: Dogtra IQ Plus+ Remote Training Collar and PetsTEK clicker. Perfect for dogs from 10 pounds and up. Ultra compact, waterproof behavior training collar is designed to fit dogs with neck sizes between 6 - 24 inches. The remote trainer has a 400 yard range and is suitable for all breeds with mild to medium temperaments.
- Product Features: Up to 400 yard range, waterproof collar and water-resistant remote, 100 levels of stimulation ranging from low to medium, Momentary Nick, Constant Stimulation, and Non-Stimulating Pager Vibration modes. Expandable to two dogs with additional collar.
- Advanced Features: Dogtra’s IQ Plus+ dog training unit gives you an ability to adjust the sensitivity of the collar with ease. Select the Momentary Nick mode to deliver a single pulse of electrical stimulation. If your dog is still not paying attention, select the Constant Stimulation mode to send a continuous stimulation for up to 12 seconds. The Pager Vibration allows you to send a non-stimulating vibration to get your dog’s attention.
- Customer Service Based in the USA: The quality of the collar is unmatched in comparison to the cheaper alternatives. Dogtra Collars are helping owners to train and modify dog behavior. The advanced performance of the collar is perfectly matched with the reliable USA based customer service that can be reached by either a phone or an email.
- Positive Reinforcement: By using the PetsTEK training clicker along with your dog’s favorite treats, you can train your pet to follow your commands to become a well behaved pooch. Please note that this collar should not be used with aggressive dogs.
- Wide coverage range
- Charges quickly (2 hours)
- Can be used on smaller dogs
- Transmission of stimulations can be subpar
- Can’t be used on multiple dogs
- A little pricey
When you consider the fact that many collars can be used on at least 2 dogs at once, the Dogtra IQ falls short of this feature.
However, it combines a couple of features from different other collars, which justifies its above-average price tag.
Best Automatic Anti-Bark Collar – SportDOG NoBark 10R
The SportDOG NoBark 10R is unmatched among bark collars. Its patented sensory system accurately detects barks, making it the most reliable and efficient anti-bark collar on the market!
Perfect for canine companions less than 8 pounds or with necks of 6 inches in circumference, this top-rated bark collar will make your life easier.
The NoBark 10R is the perfect solution for anyone with a multi-dog household facing behavioral issues. This device eliminates undesirable behaviors by sending out a static correction, making it easier to manage multiple dogs in one home!
With the ability to sense both vibrations of the vocal cords and sound waves from barking, this collar prevents accidental shocks triggered by other dogs.
The SportDog device stands out from the rest with ten levels of stimulation and three custom user modes. But that’s not all, it also includes an exclusive super safety feature that automatically turns off after recognizing your pup’s excessive barking more than fifteen times in fifty seconds on any given mode! This innovative tool will aid you and your furry pal to lead a quieter lifestyle faster than ever before.
Outfitted with waterproof capabilities and ultra-rapid rechargeable batteries, the SportDOG NoBark offers a convenient training solution for your pup. Charging in just four hours and holding its charge for up to two months, this bark collar allows you to get back into training without waiting around for new battery power!
- Rapidly breaks the habit of excessive barking.
- Superfast rechargeable batteries.
- Fully waterproof and submersible (up to 10 feet).
- A vibration and a bark must be detected before a shock is delivered.
- A Built-in “time out” safety feature.
- The low setting is a bit harsh on some dogs.
- Could be harsh on some dogs’ skin and fur.
All in all, the SportDOG NoBark 10R is a fantastic barking collar that can help you effectively address your pup’s excessive barking habits. It has numerous awesome features and if used regularly it promises to provide fast results – making this an ideal choice for any pet parent!
- Can be used for dogs 8 pounds or larger.Neck sizes: 5" to 22".
- 10 levels of static stimulation with 3 programmable modes.
- Perfect Bark sound and vibration sensors. Only your dog’s bark causes correction.
- The collar is waterproof and submersible to 25 feet.
Best for Two Dogs – Petrainer PET998DRD
The PET998DRD seems a good choice that fits just about any dog size. You can put it on a small, medium, or large dog of 15 pounds or larger. It fits necks of lengths between 15 to 22 inches long. This set comes with two collars and is ideal for training two dogs on a budget.
The collar itself is made of quite a durable and adjustable nylon material.
Even though the package includes 1 collar, the remote transmitter that comes with it can control 2 collars in case you want to train two dogs at once.
The receiver on the collar is rubber-covered which makes it water-resistant. It also receives signals from up to 330 yards away.
The PET998DRD comes with 100 levels of vibration, 100 levels of static shock, and a level of standard tone.
It also has automatic standby and memory function features that aid it in saving power.
And apart from dog training purposes, it has a light mode that helps make your dog visible in dim-lit places so that it’s safer to roam around at night without you having to worry about a car running over it.
The LCD has a blue backlight so you can easily use it during the night too.
Auto-protect mode keeps your dog training safe as it doesn’t deliver any shocks after 7 consecutive times.
There is little to no hassle when trying to pair the remote to the collar(s) as the process is quite easy and straightforward.
- Train dogs like a pro: The Petrainer multi dog training collar with remote is the most effective behavior correction technology available with 3 safe effective training modes to fit your dog’s needs; Between the 0-100 levels of vibration, static, and standard tone, you can rest assure that your pet can be trained.
- Enjoy time with your dog without worry or anxiety: Educate your dog with confidence by applying adjustable attention: grabbing: tone & vibrating stimulation for moderate misbehavior or safe static mode for stubborn pets.
- Rechargeable: With the ability to charge your transmitter and receiver simultaneously, you can easily train your pet in the rain or sunshine with a range up to 330 yards.
- Waterproof collar: Petrainer's E-collar is 100% waterproof, so your pet can always enjoy the water.
- Adjustable for all size dogs: Our training collar is adjustable ranging from 14: 25 inches. We guarantee that it will fit your small, medium, or large size pet; E- collar nylon strap helps protect your dog’s sensitive skin.
- 100 stimulation modes
- Rechargeable collar receiver and remote
- Ability to control multiple collars/dogs
- Power-saving capabilities
- No lifetime warranty
- Lack of visual stimulation
The PET998DRD Petrainer Dog Training Collar is one of the best, most affordable choices you can make.
It fits just about any dog size and has various helpful features. Its warranty goes only as long as 5 years, but by then, your dog would have probably been well-conditioned.
Best GPS Collar Trainer/Wireless Fence Combo – Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle
Why get a GPS collar? It uses GPS signals to track your dog so they’re never out of range. Most handheld collars have a limited range that can be huge but doesn’t go on forever. With a GPS even if you can’t see or hear your dog you’ll still be able to find them.
If you’re serious about investing in a cutting-edge wireless dog fence, then the Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle is an essential choice. This bundle encompasses all of the elements necessary to create and maintain a first-rate modern pet containment system — making it an ideal solution for today’s canine owners!
Offering an extensive selection of accessories, the Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle is a powerful asset for creating your perfect wireless dog fence. If you want to equip yourself with top-notch technology, this system takes first place in our book.
- High-Sensitivity GPS with GLONASS. Display size is 1.53 wide x 2.55 high in inches and 3 inch diagonal
- Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100k maps.LED beacon lights and Rescue mode as well as Stimulation levels-Tone and Vibration
- Battery life 20-40 hrs. Display type : transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- Setup virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert, automatically sends signal to recall
- 1-inch black collar strap, 5-inches standard and 13-inches extended range antennas
Check the price at Garmin here.
- Includes a handheld TT 15 training device
- GPS tracking for multiple dogs
- A specially designed long-range tracking device
- This unit may be a bit on the pricy side for some readers, although its full range of included options makes it an extremely worthy buy
Best Trainer for Hiking (non-tracker) – Garmin Delta XC bundle
The Garmin Delta XC bundle is our top pick for hiking and hunting.
It proves very handy as it can be used on up to 3 dogs.
Compared to other e-collars on the market, it’s not the most affordable, but when you think about its superior range capacity that reaches half a mile, its price is quite justified.
It gives you 3 correction configurations to address different behaviors that you might want to correct on your dog. It also comes with a tone and vibration feature next to the 18 levels of instant or non-stop stimulation. Although some rivals include a lot more levels.
You don’t have to worry too much about the remote because it comes with great durability. It’s waterproof and its design is very compact as it has just 3 buttons through which you can control the collar.
- Use on up to 3 dogs
- Great for hiking and hunting
- Wide range of coverage
- Comes with a lanyard to avoid misplacement
- Great customer service from Garmin
- Compact remote size
- Not the cheapest
- The levels of stimulation aren’t as many
- Lack of a Barklimited feature found on other Garmin Models
The Garmin Delta XC bundle is a very good choice if you’re planning to train more than one pet as it can be used on 3 dogs. Its performance is great and the results are satisfactory, but it comes at a relatively high price.
Best Hunting Dog Collar – Dogtra ARC Remote
Even though the Dogtra ARC can be used on two dogs, their sizes must not fall short of 15 pounds and their general reactions can’t be too aggressive to new stimuli.
The Dogtra ARC is very comfortable to wear as it has a slim design. Its remote is also small and easy to carry around.
With this collar, you can deliver stimulation either in instant, one-time shocks or in constant ones with longer durations, based on the circumstances.
You also get a vibration setting that can be used to merely get the dog’s attention.
The levels of stimulation have a wide range that extends up to 127 static correction levels on an easily-handled dial.
A problem with this dial design, however, is that it can easily move without you realizing it, and thereby change the level of stimulation on its own.
The Dogtra ARC is waterproof and has a coverage range of 3/4 mile. It also charges very quickly, taking only two hours. You can also view the level of stimulation and the battery life on the LCD screen.
- COMFORT FIRST: The Dogtra ARC e-collar non-slip remote fits snugly in your hand, while the slim, ergonomic collar receiver ensures consistent contact with your dog's skin without sacrificing comfort.
- LONG-RANGE: This Dogtra dog training shock collar covers 3/4-mile range for basic to advanced dog training. It's flexible for mid to long-range activities like hunting and precision training.
- ADVANCED FEATURES: Choosing the right stimulation for your dog is easy with the 127 levels of static stimulation, 2 correction types, and vibration option. Make finding a match your dog's temperament quick and easy with this dog collar.
- WATERPROOF: Train your dog in any weather. Its waterproof transmitter and receiver are built to last. Quick-charge, long-lasting battery ensures uninterrupted training.
- EXPANDABLE: Expand your training with Dogtra ARC e-collar. Add another dog to the same system and get twice the training done at once.
- Wide range of stimulation levels
- LCD screen found on the remote to show you the stimulation level and battery remaining
- Can be used on two dogs
- An extremely wide range of coverage
- Small and inconspicuous remote
- Not suitable for dogs smaller than 15 pounds
- The transmitter set could be changed with the turning of the knob unknowingly
- Turning off the collar can be a confusing task
The Dogtra ARC Remote Dog Training Collar System is one of the most expensive devices on this list, but it’s also the one with the widest coverage range. It could be used for training two dogs at a time.
Best Hunting Runner Up – SportDOG FieldTrainer 425
The SportDOG FieldTrainer 425 comes with a subpar 7-leveled stimulation that ranges from low to medium. It suits dogs that weigh around 8 pounds and up.
Its lightweight makes it even more suitable for smaller-sized dogs, but its redeeming quality of being water-resistant and having the ability to be submerged up to 25 feet in water makes it the best choice for aquatic dogs.
The strap makes adjusting it on your dog’s neck easy, and the remote transmitter can be expanded to command 3 receivers, and thereby 3 dogs.
The tone that comes before the shock conditions the dog to obey commands upon hearing the tone, which later makes using the shocks obsolete, therefore reducing the amount of time you have to use painful physical experiences on your dog.
- 500 YARD RANGE: e-collar that can support training up to 3 dogs with the same remote with purchase of additional collars (SDR-AXS). For dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5" - 22"..Product Dimensions : Receiver without strap - 2.60"L X 1.30"W 1.23"D., Remote Transmitter with antenna - 5.30"L X 1.70"W X 1.00" D
- NO LOOK OPERATION: Designed for ease-of-use and no look operation while offering more levels of stimulation which allows for more customized training.
- TONE, VIBRATE, AND STIM: This electric e collar offers 21 levels of static stimulation with medium/high ranges. Option to train with vibration (buzz) and tone (beep), too.
- WATERPROOF: Submersible to 25 feet using DryTek technology.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Lithium-ion batteries charge in 2 hours and last 50-70 hours per charge. System has low battery indicators.
- Can be immersed in water up to 25 feet
- Can be used on 3 separate dogs
- Includes a manual and DVD for easier-to-follow instructions
- Has a standard tone (beep) feature
- Solid battery life
- The stimulation may not be strong enough for more stubborn dogs
- The range of coverage may not fall short of the alleged 500 yards
- Battery life isn’t the most solid
The SportDOG FieldTrainer 425 seems a little overpriced for the features has to offer, although it stands out with its 25-feet submerging capabilities, so it would generally be the best choice for an aquatic dog; a golden retriever, for example.
What Is a Dog Shock Collar?
A dog training collar is a training device that can be used to train dogs by discouraging any bad behaviors while promoting proper behaviors. There are three common types:
- Pet Containment System: This type of e-collar helps keep a dog restricted to a particular area. For example, a pet containment system may be used to maintain a dog in a front yard that doesn’t have a fence. We found it became popular over time due to many local laws prohibiting the construction of fences on front yards.
- Bark Control System: This type of dog training collar is used to prevent any unnecessary barking by delivering a small shock when the dog starts barking. These collars have been proven to be very effective as dogs tend to quickly realize there is a connection between their barking and the shock.
- Training Collars / Remote Trainers: The final type of dog e-collars are remotely controlled by the owner attempting to discourage any negative behavioral habits.
The owner can control the intensity of the shock that is delivered to the dog; the idea is to match the intensity of the shock with the severity of the dog’s offenses.
How to Pick The Best Training Collar for Your Dog?
There are so many different training collar brands out there that it can be quite difficult to figure out which one would best fit your dog’s needs.
Moreover, it’s also easy to get lost in the intensity levels, ranges, modes, etc.
The most important thing to keep in mind when choosing a good e-collar is the question: will it help eliminate your dog’s negative behaviors?
To make this choosing process less complicated and so you can understand more about training collar features we have compiled this buying guide. Using this information will help you to make the best choice.
The intensity of the shock is one of the most important features of e-collars as owners never want to induce excessive discomfort in their dogs.
Two electrodes make direct contact with the dog’s skin and even though the stimulation from the shock does not last long this doesn’t mean the dog’s skin can’t get irritated.
This is why it’s important to check what levels of intensity each dog collar is capable of. Nowadays most training collars come equipped with adjustable intensity levels.
When you are looking for e-collars for a dog you want to look for one that has many levels of intensity. You do this because having a collar with many levels means that the intensity difference between each level is a lot smaller. This means you will be less likely to cause your dog any excessive discomfort.
The range is all about how far a collar and transmitter that can communicate. Note: 1 mile doesn’t mean 1 mile if there are hills, buildings, or other obstructions in the way the range becomes shorter.
When e-collars specify they have a range of 1 mile, this means 1 mile of unobstructed flat land.
The bright side is that nine times out of 10 owners won’t need a large range as they will most likely be using the collars in their homes.
Even when training the dog with collars extend out to the front or back yard there will never be a need for anything over 500 yards.
When looking for a good training collar for dogs, you should consider looking for a collar with an audible mode. Most e-collars nowadays give the owners a choice between a shock and an audible option.
This means instead of just a shock owners can choose a warning beep or vibration mode.
Owners are encouraged to use the audible option first to see if there is any change in the dog’s behavior, often this can lead to not needing to shock the dog altogether.
This can a key feature for those who are uneasy about potentially causing excessive discomfort to their dog.
Waterproof: Dogs like water and tend to play in puddles to cool off after a lot of physical activity which is why it’s a good idea to look for a waterproof electronic collar.
Lightweight: If owners plan on using training collars on their dogs while they are at the local dog park or while simply going for a walk it’s a good idea to consider how lightweight and flexible the collar is.
An important part of the e-collar is having the two electrodes make contact with the dog’s skin; the collar should be flexible enough to make sure there is contact with the skin.
How does a Training Collar Work?
It is considered a very mild, harmless electric stimulation that gets the dog’s attention and most e-collars can be adjusted to fine-tune the intensity and duration of the shock.
The concept is quite simple; it has to do with positive and negative reinforcements. When a dog is misbehaving the collar will send a brief shock to the dog through two electrodes, this is a negative reinforcement.
When a dog receives this shock, they learn very quickly that specific behavior and the shock are directly related. The idea is to replace this negative reinforcement with positive reinforcement as the dog stops showing signs of bad behavior. For example, to positively reinforce a dog to continue this good behavior an owner may give them a treat.
There are many options that you can choose from when trying to train your dog, but you have to try your best to keep it humane and only use shocks for extremely necessary situations where your dog might be in real or life-threatening danger.
Your budget can dictate which of the ones on the list you choose, but also your dog’s size makes a difference.
Every dog will have different needs. Therefore, there is no one fit model, one model or another might be a better choice for you.
All of them have high user ratings among various pet owners.
When you are looking at the dog collars listed above you want to consider what the purpose of the collar is, are you trying to contain your dog, prevent barking, or simply do some behavioral training?
Also, when you compare them, you should consider your budget and the features you would like the collar you are looking to have.
Do you want a waterproof dog collar, what is a sufficient range for your dog, would you like an audible mode? We hope that with the information that we have provided in this best dog collar guide, you will find a collar that meets your needs.
My name is Ken and I’m one of the staff writers at Petloverguy.com. I’ve cared for pets most of my life starting with hamsters, turtles, and snakes. Then moving up to parakeets, guinea pigs, and even ducks.
I currently live with two yorkies and a chihuahua mix.