Cow ears are a popular treat for dogs and puppies. They are made from a single ingredient, making them a natural and healthy option for pet owners. When choosing the best cow ears for your furry friend, it’s important to consider the size, texture, and source of the product.
Are cow ears safe for dogs and puppies? Yes, cow ears are a safe and healthy treat for your pets. However, it’s important to supervise your pet while they are chewing on the ears to prevent choking or swallowing large pieces. To give your pet the best experience, choose cow ears that are sourced from grass-fed cows and are free from preservatives and additives. Here’s how to give your pet the best cow ear experience:
- Choose the appropriate size for your pet.
- Check the texture to ensure it’s not too hard or too soft.
- Supervise your pet while they are chewing on the ear.
- Choose cow ears that are sourced from grass-fed cows and are free from preservatives and additives.
Note: If you click some of the links or pictures in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Best Cow Ears for Dogs and Puppies
- Top Pick – Pawstruck Jumbo Cow Ears for Dog Pet Food (10 Pack)
- Runner Up – BRUTUS & BARNABY Cow Ears for Dogs
- Best Value – Dog Chits Cow Ears Dog and Puppy Treats
- Best Wild/Buffalo – Pet Craft Supply Pure Natural Grass Fed Water Buffalo Ear Value Pack of 16 Ears Free Range Durable Tough Dog Chew and Treat for Aggressive Chewers and Puppies
- Best Free Range – Raw Paws Large Cow Ears for Dogs, 5-ct – Beef Ears Packed in USA – Thick Dog Cow Ears for Puppies & Adult Dogs – Real Natural Cow’s Ears from Free Range, Hormone Free Cattle, Jumbo Cow Ears Dog Treats
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Cow Ears for Dogs and Puppies
Looking for a tasty and healthy treat for your furry friend? Cow ears are a great option! They are low in fat, high in protein, and can help promote dental health. We’ve rounded up the best cow ears for dogs and puppies based on quality, taste, and customer reviews. Check them out below.
If you’re looking for a natural, healthy, and safe chew for your furry friend, you should definitely consider the Pawstruck Jumbo Cow Ears.
- Made in the USA with premium grade beef ear
- Low calorie, digestible, and tasty
- Encourages chewing for better dental health
- Some customers reported quality issues with recent orders
- A bit pricier than other brands
- Not suitable for dogs with allergies to beef
These cow ears are made in the USA to ensure the highest quality and safety standards. They are a single ingredient, digestible, and low-fat treat that your dog will love. Plus, they are a great alternative to rawhide, which can be harmful to your pup’s digestive system.
One of the best things about these cow ears is that they encourage chewing, which helps to remove harmful plaque and tartar from your dog’s teeth. They are also naturally odor-free, so you won’t have to deal with any unpleasant smells in your home.
While some customers reported quality issues with recent orders, the majority of reviews are positive. However, they are a bit pricier than other brands, so they may not be the best option if you’re on a tight budget.
If you are looking for a natural, long-lasting puppy chew, then the BRUTUS & BARNABY Cow Ears for Dogs is a great option to consider.
- Perfect size for small dogs
- Single ingredient treat for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- Better than rawhide puppy chews
- Some pieces may have black color on them
- Some dogs may only eat the cartilage part
- May not be suitable for larger dogs
These ear slivers are a great outlet for teething and provide a long-lasting chew for your furry friend. The single ingredient beef ear slivers are low in fat and do not contain any flavors or bastes, making them ideal for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
Unlike rawhide puppy chews, these slivers are better because they contain no rawhide. The brand stands behind their products and promises that you and your dog will love their treats. If you are dissatisfied, they will take them back no questions asked.
Many customers are pleased with the quality of the product and love that they are natural. However, some have noticed that some pieces may have black color on them, which may be concerning. Additionally, some dogs may only eat the cartilage part, making the rest of the piece go to waste.
If you’re looking for a healthy and natural treat for your dog, then Dog Chits Cow Ears Dog and Puppy Treats are a great option.
- Made from free-range, grass-fed beef
- High in protein and low in fat
- Promotes dental health
- Some dogs may not like the taste or texture
- May not be suitable for dogs with severe allergies
- Can be smelly
These cow ears are made from free-range, grass-fed beef and are free from artificial chemicals, making them safe and natural for your dog to consume. They are high in protein and low in fat, making them a healthy treat for dogs of all ages. Moreover, they are also an excellent source of collagen, which helps to support joints and skin.
These dog treats make for an effective reward during training, as the natural taste and texture appeal to dogs. They increase your dog’s motivation to learn new tricks and commands quickly. Additionally, studies have proven that chewing on cow’s ears can actually improve dental health and minimize issues that arise in dogs as they age.
However, some dogs may not like the taste or texture of these treats, and they may not be suitable for dogs with severe allergies. Additionally, they can be smelly, which may be unpleasant for some owners.
Best Wild/Buffalo – Pet Craft Supply Pure Natural Grass Fed Water Buffalo Ear Value Pack of 16 Ears Free Range Durable Tough Dog Chew and Treat for Aggressive Chewers and Puppies
If you want a natural and long-lasting chew for your dog that promotes healthy teeth and gums, then you should consider Pet Craft Supply Pure Natural Grass Fed Water Buffalo Ear Value Pack.
- These ears are 100% all-natural, free-range, grass-fed with no chemicals or additives, just safe Water Buffalo Ear.
- The ears are very durable and long-lasting, great for keeping your dog happy for hours.
- Pet Craft Supply Water Buffalo Ears are great for aggressive chewers and puppies, and are a safe alternative to pig ear chews.
- Some customers have reported that the ears are smaller than expected.
- A few customers have mentioned that there were only a few large ears in the pack.
- One customer reported that their dog was able to chew through an ear in less than 10 minutes.
Pet Craft Supply Water Buffalo Ears are high in protein and low in fat, making them a great alternative to pig or cow ears. These ears are also gluten and grain-free and processed in human-grade facilities. They are a safe and easily digestible chew for your dog that promotes healthy teeth and gums.
Best Free Range – Raw Paws Large Cow Ears for Dogs, 5-ct – Beef Ears Packed in USA – Thick Dog Cow Ears for Puppies & Adult Dogs – Real Natural Cow’s Ears from Free Range, Hormone Free Cattle, Jumbo Cow Ears Dog Treats
If you’re looking for a natural and healthy chew for your furry friend, Raw Paws Large Cow Ears for Dogs is a great option that provides several benefits for your dog’s health and well-being.
- Made from 100% all-natural cow ears sourced from free-range, hormone-free cattle.
- Supports dental health by scraping off plaque and tartar.
- Safer than traditional pet store rawhide.
- Some ears may be too large for smaller dogs.
- May have a strong odor.
- Not suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
Raw Paws Large Cow Ears for Dogs are made from high-quality, single-ingredient beef ears that are free from additives, preservatives, and fillers. These chews are unprocessed, unbleached, and grain-free, making them a healthier alternative to traditional rawhide chews. The abrasive act of chewing on cow ears supports dental health by scraping off plaque and tartar, promoting healthy teeth and gums.
These cow ear dog chews are also a great way to support your dog’s mental health. Chewing on beef ear chews for dogs releases dopamine, helping to relieve stress and alleviate boredom. Raw Paws Large Cow Ears are softer than bully sticks or traditional rawhide, making them a safer chew that won’t damage teeth, splinter, or cause choking issues.
While Raw Paws Large Cow Ears for Dogs are a great option for most dogs, they may not be suitable for those with sensitive stomachs. Additionally, some ears may be too large for smaller dogs, and the chews may have a strong odor that some owners may find unpleasant.
When choosing the best cow ears for your furry friend, there are several factors to consider. Here are some features to look for:
- Size: Make sure to choose the appropriate size of cow ear for your dog’s breed and size. A smaller dog will need a smaller ear to avoid choking hazards.
- Texture: Look for cow ears that are not too hard or too soft. A good cow ear should be firm but not too tough, so your dog can enjoy chewing without damaging their teeth.
- Ingredients: Check the label to ensure the cow ear is made from natural ingredients and does not contain any harmful additives or preservatives.
- Source: Choose cow ears from a reputable source to ensure they are free from contaminants and safe for your dog to consume.
- Price: While you don’t want to skimp on quality, you also don’t want to overspend on cow ears. Compare prices and choose a product that fits your budget.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best cow ears for your dog or puppy. Remember to always supervise your pet while they enjoy their chew treat, and discard any pieces that become small enough to swallow.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dehydrated cow ears for dogs?
Dehydrated cow ears for dogs are a natural, single-ingredient treat made from cow ears that have been dehydrated to remove moisture.
What are the benefits of cow ears for dogs?
Cow ears are a great source of protein and can help promote healthy teeth and gums by providing a natural way to clean teeth and reduce plaque buildup.
What should I look for when buying cow ears for dogs?
When buying cow ears for dogs, look for products that are made from high-quality, natural ingredients and do not contain any additives or preservatives. It’s also important to choose products that are sourced from reputable suppliers.
Are there any risks associated with giving cow ears to dogs?
While cow ears are generally considered safe for dogs to consume, there is a risk of choking or gastrointestinal blockage if your dog swallows large pieces. It’s important to supervise your dog while they are chewing on cow ears and to discard any small or broken pieces.
How often can I give cow ears to my dog?
The frequency at which you can give cow ears to your dog will depend on their individual dietary needs and preferences. It’s important to monitor your dog’s weight and adjust their diet accordingly to ensure they are getting the proper nutrition.
Are there any alternatives to cow ears for dogs?
There are many alternatives to cow ears for dogs, including other natural chews like bully sticks, pig ears, and deer antlers. It’s important to choose a chew that is appropriate for your dog’s size, age, and chewing style.
My name is Danny Jackson and I’m the CEO and Chief Editor behind Petloverguy.com. After spending a decade working with vets and private clients as an animal behavioral and nutritional specialist I co-founded Pet Lover Guy to help other pet parents learn how to interact with, and make the most of the time that they spend with their adopted and rescued best pet friends.
Working with Ella, our chihuahua rescue, we seek to help all dog and cat lovers have the happiest life possible.