Table of Contents
Our top pick for the very best microchip feeder for multiple cats will be the SureFeed Microchip Cat Feeder. This is a handy new model that comes with a number of very important benefits. Chief among them is the ability to store up to 32 cat chips in the very same unit.
If you have more than one cat, you know what a major relief this will be. The unit is designed to store and space out enough food in a handy and very even distribution. This will prevent your cats vying for space, stealing from each other, or generally causing you and each other stress.
The unit is designed to work with 9 (Avid Secure), 10 (FDXA) and 15 (FDXB) digit microchip numbers. If you aren’t sure about the specific microchip number of one or all of your pets, don’t panic. You can get this info very easily by checking in with your veterinarian, pet shelter, or local animal rescue.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Key Benefits: Prevents food stealing and stress at mealtimes in multi-pet homes, keeps your pets healthier by controlling portions and helping to keep weight under control, saves money by not overfeeding expensive prescription foods and helping to avoid vet bills related to pet health conditions.
- Great for Pets on Prescription Diets: Holds 13.5 fl. oz, wet or dry pet food. The lid closes to form a seal with the neoprene lip, helping to retain moisture and to keep food fresher longer.
- Microchip Compatibility: Works with 9 (Avid Secure), 10 (FDXA) and 15 (FDXB) digit microchip numbers; if unsure of your pet’s microchip number, you can check with your veterinarian, pet shelter or animal rescue. Automatic Cat Feeder opens when the assigned pet microchip ID approaches, and closes when it moves away. Simple one button programming.
- Three Year Warranty. Veterinarian Recommended.
- Do you have a houseful of pets? Does one cat steal the other’s cat food? Does your dog steal the cat’s food? Stressful Feeding times? The Microchip Pet Feeder makes feeding times so much easier! It uses the pet’s Microchip ID or by wearing a lightweight RFID collar tag to communicate with the feeder to open for that specific pet. All feeders come standard with one tag (unit stores 32 ID’s); additional collar tags can be purchased separately if necessary. Ideally one feeder per pet.
Best For 2 Cats With Wi-fi Controls
Our top pick for the best microchip feeder for 2 cats that comes with a wi-fi controller is the new SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect. This handy new unit has been specially designed by pet industry experts to deliver all that it promises on the label and much more.
The unit has been designed to connect directly to the Sure Petcare app via the specially included hub. It includes a set of integrated scales that will allow you to measure the amount of the food that you give your cat. The included bowl holds up to 14 fl. oz. This allows you to monitor when, where, and how often your cat will feed.
This unit is fully microchip operated. It works by scanning the specific ID microchip of each cat. You can use the Selective Feeder function to decide which cats get fed and at which times of the day. This is a very handy feature that will allow you to put a stop to your cats cutting each other in line and stealing each food from each other.
- Connects to the Sure Petcare app via the Hub (HUB INCLUDED AND PACKAGED IN BOX)
- Monitor how much, how often and when your pet eats
- Accurately weigh your pet's food using the integrated scales. Bowl holds 14 fl ounces
- Notice changes in your pet's feeding which could indicate illness
- Microchip operated - Scans Pet's ID Microchip - Selective Feeder stops pets stealing each others' food
Best Programmable For 2 Cats
Our pick for the best programmable microchip feeder for 2 cats will be the new Honey Guardian Automatic Cat Dispenser. This unit allows you to feed your cats 6 meals at the times of day or night that you choose in advance. It’s a great way to get your cats used to a precise and very regular feeding schedule.
This specially upgraded auto pet feeder comes complete with an expertly designed 2-way splitter. It also features and stainless steel food bowls, You can use the unit to quickly and safely divide each meal into equal portions. This will allow you to feed 2 cats at the same time while keeping them happy and managing to save your own sanity.
- 【Flexible Meal Scheduling】You can feed your pet 6 meals at scheduled times, and every meals have from 1 to 48 portions of 12g/ 0.5 oz unit size (about 1/10cup), which can help the pet develop a good eating habit.Once you program the feeding plans, they will be followed permanently even if the device is lose power changed to battery powered. This is great for pet parents with a very busy schedule or singles who travel for days at a time.
- 【Feed Multiple Pets & Transparent 7L Hopper】The upgrade auto pet feeder comes with a 2-way splitter and double 3 cups stainless steel food bowls, can divide meals equally, and feed your multiple pets at the same time. 7L Large transparent removable food storage container can hold 29 cups dry food, easy to clean and see low food warning. The dry food kibble size should between 0.19”-0.78” (0.5cm-2cm) food kibble size. This size ensures that the big food is dispensed smoothly without jamming.
- 【Premium Customizable Message Speaker】in order for the feedings to work, you NEED TO SETUP THE VOICE RECORDING WITH EACH MEAL!. This automatic pet food dispenser has a built-in voice recorder and a speaker to call your pets to their meal with a 10-seconds-long message. You can also record quiet sound for your smart pet, it means you can have a good sleep in the weekends it will simply serves the pet without message reminder.
- 【Unique Infrared Detection Design】A built-in infrared sensor alerts when the food stuck in the feeder, the motor will rotate oppositely to release food to prevent the food from blocking.The automatic cat feeder is powered by power adapter and 4 D-size batteries. In case of power outage, the feeder will continue to function on 4 D-size batteries to assure your pet never miss a feeding. (Batteries are NOT included)
- 【Ergonomic Operation Panel】User friendly control panel, easy to set up. Anti-touch buttons to prevent your pet from accidentally touching and stealing food, Manual feeding choice to give pet food whenever you want. Top lid forms a type of seal so that the kibble stays fresh and so that your pets receive the food they need. Removable food container and stainlees steel bowl for easy installation and cleaning.
What Do I Do if I Have More Than 2 Cats?
At this point, you may well be asking the question, “What should I do if I happen to have more than 2 cats in my home?” The answer to this question is simpler than ever. All you will need to do is get multiple microchip feeders. This will solve the issue of having to feed a pack of hungry balls of fur at the same time of day or night.
The ideal solution is to get one microchip feeder for each cat that you own. This will allow all of your pets to get their own food bowl with the precise amount of food that you want them to eat. You can set each feeder to dispense food at the time that you want them to chow down. This will help them get into a regular schedule to keep to.
Is There Only One Type Of Microchip Feeder?
At the moment, as well as for the foreseeable future, the answer is yes. The official patent for the microchip cat feeder is owned by the SureFlap corporation. This means that no other company can offer a device that is identical to, or even remotely similar, to a cat microchip feeder.
This means that if you want to buy a cat microchip feeder of any kind, you will need to get it directly from the SureFlap company. These handy devices can be bought at their official website or through the usual channels, such as Amazon and the like. There are several types of units available to fit all of your cat feeding needs.
How Do I Feed Multiple Cats Separately?
The best way to feed multiple cats separately is to buy a single microchip feeder for each of your cats. Since the price of each unit is very reasonable, you won’t need to worry about putting a major dent in your budget. You can buy a feeder unit to handle the needs of each cat. This way, you can control when, where, and how much they eat.
You can buy a unit that feeds 2 cats or one that feeds several at once. However, if you have a lot of competition or cats that prefer to feed at different times, it will probably make sense to buy one for each of them. You can experiment with different options until you have found the one that best meets the needs of each of your pets.
How Do You Feed Two Cats When Overweight?
The best way to feed two cats if one or both is overweight is to program the microchip feeder to respond differently to both of them. You can do this by programming the unit to feed the overweight cat less food at less times of the day.
Meanwhile, if your other cat is at a normal and healthy weight, you can program the unit to feed them in a more regular fashion. Using the microchip ID function to control the food given to your cats is the best way to solve this issue.