Are you looking for the perfect way to control your unruly Jack Russell terrier? A no-pull harness will put you firmly in control while enhancing comfort. Today we’ve got our top 5 favorite models, so let us know which one is best!
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
In a Hurry? Here Are Our Top Choices
Top Pick – Rabbitgoo No-Pull Pet Harness
- Large Dog Harness - Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd, Akita, etc. Please measure the size carefully before purchasing this present for your puppy. Make your puppy stand out with this Classic Black Harness!
- No Pull, No Choke - Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use the chest attachment clip to stop your dog from pulling on walks, perfect for dog training or dogs who tend to pull. The back one is great for casual walks, jogging, hiking, etc
- Easy to Use - This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 fast-release buckles. Slide the harness over your dog's head, buckle it up, adjust the straps, and here you go! Grab the top handle for additional control. Lightweight and easy to clean
- Fully Adjustable - This adjustable harness features 4 easy adjusting straps around the body. You can use its 2 neck straps and 2 chest straps to create a perfect fit for your dog with some room of growth. No worries about slipping out or choking
- Safe and Comfortable - Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of durable nylon oxford and padded with soft cushion to protect your dog's skin. Breathable air mesh keeps your dog cool during outdoor activities. Super bright reflective strips ensure a safe walk both day and night
The new no-pull pet harness from Rabbitgoo has been specially designed to give your Jack Russell terrier the ultimate comfort. At the same time, it has also been engineered to make sure they obey your commands.
The harness is specially made to fit around the front chest end of their body. It does not pull from the neck. In fact, there is no need to pull anything because the harness is designed to push your dog right back to you.
Things We Like About It
- Specially designed with 2 Metal Leash Rings for safer dog walking
- Very easy to put on and quickly pull off with no strain or stress
- The harness is designed to push back when the dog tries to pull away from you
- Made with Nylon Oxford and cushion padded to protect their skin
Our Choice for Runner Up
- 2018 NEW VERSION, SUPER EASY TO USE: This no pull dog harness has 2 easy buckles on belly straps and 1 more lockable Quick-snap buckle on neckline for easy on and off, no need to slip over dog’s head and adjust the straps every time.
- NO PULL AND CHOKE FREE: Our front lead dog harness has two sturdy metal leash attachment points with reinforced webbing, front clip for discouraging pulling and back for relaxed walks. The pet harness is soft breathable non-toxic mesh padded, pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Choking. This easy dog harness is perfect for daily walking, running, hiking, training, hunting, outdoor adventure and more!
- ENJOY A COSY FIT: This dog reflective harness has dual elastic construction on belly straps, provides stretchability for more comfort and help absorb jerks, reduce strain and the risk of getting Hurt.
- DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT, SAFETY AND ADJUSTABILITY: Padded & comfortable handle, soft filling makes for a handle that feels good in the hand for extra control to guide your dog. It also work as seat bell loop. Large area reflective stitching for night use providing added visibility. Lightweight and durable, designed with minimum bulk for maximum dexterity. 4 ways adjustable straps, gets a customized fit with room for growth.
- 100% SATISFIED GUARANTEE: We are committed to providing customer high quality products and the best shopping experiences. If you meet any problem or dissatisfied in any way, just send email to us and we will provide the best solution, all problems will be solved within 24 hours.
The new PoyPet No Pull Dog Harness comes with a handy range of features that makes it our ideal runner-up. It’s a convenient and cost-effective harness that is ideal for owners of Jack Russell terriers.
Things We Like About It
- Specially equipped with two sturdy metal leash attachment points to encourage comfort and discourage pulling
- Comes with dual elastic construction on belly straps to encourage a stretchy fit
- The soft filling provides warmth and comfort for your dog
- The front-loaded harness is designed to bring your dog back to you if they decide to try to pull away
Best for Jack Russell Terrier Puppies
- PLEASE MEASURE YOUR DOG’S CHEST, JUST BEHIND THE FRONT LEGS AND SELECT THE SIZE. Unlike Dog Collars, Harnesses fit best when matched to the Chest measurement, just behind the front legs. IF YOUR DOG IS IN BETWEEN SIZES, PLEASE SIZE UP
- STRUGGLE WITH YOUR DOG COLLAR? We have a SOFT, COMFORTABLE Easy to Put on and Take off Soft Dog Harnesses with a Quick release clip
- HAVE AN ESCAPE ARTIST OF A DOG? Our pet harness has Two Reinforced D-rings that locks securely on to your leash. Easy to Care, Incredibly lightweight.
- PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE OUR COMFORT FIT HARNESS BASED ON THE SIZE OF ANOTHER BRAND
Is your little Jack still a puppy? Now is the perfect time to teach them to walk comfortably and safely using the perfect no-pull puppy harness. This great new model from Comfort Fit Metric USA is the perfect choice for the job.
It’s sized perfectly to fit the present needs of your Jack Russell terrier puppy. Best of all, it’s made of material that can easily stretch to continue to serve as the perfect harness even as they age and grow bigger and stronger.
Things We Like About It
- Two reinforced D-rings lock securely on to the leash to prevent escapes
- A richly lined interior keeps your puppy cozy and warm during their walk
- A front-loaded harness distributes weight over your dog’s body to relieve pressure and prevent choking
- The product is backed with a guaranteed lifetime warranty of quality
Best for Larger Jack Russell Terrier Dogs
- 【Dog Harness Medium】Fit Chest Girth 14.6-28 inch, please choose size based on your dog's chest girth by measuring around the widest part of your dog's chest before purchase (if between sizes, choose the larger size and be sure to set aside 1 inch), recommend for medium dogs, like labrador, boxer, rescue dog, golden retriever, goldendoodle, aussie, boston terrier, german shepherd, spaniel springer and more
- 【No Pull & Better Control】Our no-pulling harness is designed with 2 METAL leash rings and an extra handle; The V-Ring on the back for casual walking;The O-ring on the chest makes your puppy learn to heel; The sturdy handle on the back for looping seat belt through to secure your dog while driving; It also helps on difficult situations like getting your dog into a car; METAL rings are durable and sturdy
- 【Safer & More Comfortable】This no choke harness is specially built to distribute pressure evenly and safely around your dogs' chest rather than sensitive neck, thus preventing choking; Nylon webbing with reflective material ensures good visibility when night running; Breathable mesh lining with soft sponge padding plate prevents dog injuries, giving extra comfort and protection; Now you can walk with full control over the movements of your doggie without pain and stress at its neck
- 【Easy On Easy Off】This pet harness is easy to wear with 2 quick snap buckles and fully ajustable with 4 buckles; Quick release buckles ensures ease of use when putting on and taking off; Fully adjustable straps at the chest and neck allow a custom fit for your fur friend; Just slip it over the head, connect the quick release fasteners and off you go
- 【With Eagloo, With Confidence】Eagloo has a professional QC team to conduct comprehensive inspection of each dog harness. All our materials are carefully selected, strictly inspected in the production process. Let us know anytime you need help in finding the right size for your lovely dog. Just buy with confidence
No two dogs are ever quite the same size. This proves to be true even for members of the same breed. This new Eagloo No-Pull Harness is perfect for Jack Russell terriers who are a bit larger than the norm.
The suit is designed to resemble a classic Oxford vest. It’s made with special reflective material that will keep your dog visible and safe on even the darkest nights.
What We Like About It
- Classic vest design keeps your dog comfortable and easily steerable even during the odd temper tantrum
- Classic Oxford Vest design is lined with fur to provide warmth on even the coldest days
- Especially reflective material keeps your dog fully visible on nights
- 2 zinc-alloy rings on both front and back to control and minimize pulling
Best for Older Jack Russell Dogs
- Stylish Service Dog Harness: This dog vest is durable, scratch resistant and has soft nylon webbing. With a lightweight duraflex buckle it has a large loading capacity which greatly improves strength and dispersion.
- 3M Reflective Material: Our reflective vest with nylon webbing allows your pet to be visible and safe even in diminished lighting. The dog harness allows for a seat belt to be looped through its sturdy handle for safety in the car.
- Adjustable Straps: Adjustable dog harness gives your pet the perfect custom fit. It has two leash attachment points, on the back and the chest with zinc alloy ring attachments.
- Ergonomic design: Your pet pooch or service dog will be super comfortable with the lightweight mesh lining and soft sponge padding. You will enjoy how easily it can be put on and taken off.
- Chai’s Choice: Owned and operated by a retired US Navy veteran in Sarasota, Florida. Chai’s Choice has earned a solid reputation for offering high-quality pet products since 2014.
Dog’s age in ways that are very similar to us. They get a bit slower of step although their hearts are still very much with us.
This means that it’s a good idea to get them a harness that increases their comfort while taking account of their physical limitations. The new Chai’s Choice model is an excellent choice for your older Jack Russell terrier.
What We Like About It
- One of the simplest and most effective no-pull designs we’ve ever seen
- nylon webbing with 3M reflective material for increased visibility
- Harness loads from the front and is designed to accommodate your older dog for increased comfort and durability
- Includes handle to attach to the seat belt to keep your dog safe during car rides
Jack Russell Harness Size – What Size Is Best?
Jack Russell terriers are small dogs and thus, need smaller harnesses. These dog breeds typically weigh between 12-17 pounds and have a chest size of 10 inches or less. They do best with extra small harnesses that fit dogs with a 10″ to 14″ neck and a 14″ to 20″ chest.
What is the Main Reason to Buy a No-Pull Harness?
The main reason to buy a no-pull harness is to give you dog discipline without having to hurt them. This is because the weight of the harness is distributed around the front of their body rather than their neck. A no-pull harness is designed to push your dog back to you when they try to pull away.
How Do I Know This Harness is Right for a Jack Russell Terrier?
Always check the sizing chart that is provided in the notes that accompany the no-pull harness you are looking at. All of the harnesses on this present list have been checked by us to make sure that they are appropriate for your Jack Russell terrier.
Do All No-Pull Harnesses Feature Only Front Attachments?
A front attachment is crucial to the design of a no-pull harness. However, some of the models on this list come with back as well as front attachments for your convenience.
Do I Need a Separate No-Pull Harness for Puppies?
Everyone knows that little puppies grow up fast. Jack Russell terrier pups are no exception to the rule. All of the harnesses on this list are designed to stretch to accommodate fast-growing dogs.