Dog Harnesses for Carting PLUS 10 Quick Tips Regarding Dog Harness For Carting
Do you want to get your dog involved with carting? To make sure your dog can cart safely, you should check out these top five dog harnesses for carting as well as these 10 quick tips.
Table of Contents
The Top 5 Dog Harnesses for Carting
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Fleece lining for added traction so shifting is minimized with extra heavy padding in the neck and shoulders
- Distributes weight evenly across chest and shoulders avoiding unnecessary pressure on throat and back
- Adjustable for the perfect fit and anti-slip sliders to prevent unwanted adjustments during use
- Includes a safety shackle snap for quick release form your joring system
- Size large fits a girth size between 29-39 Inch and weights between 40-75 pounds
Things We Like About It
* Adjustable Straps
* Heavy-Duty Materials
* Emergency Release
* Anti-Slip Sliders
The Canine Equipment Ultimate Pulling Dog Harness is our choice for the top pick. It has adjustable straps that make it easier to fit snugly to your dog without choking them.
It also comes with a fleece interior to help keep the harness from sliding along your dog’s skin and causing chafing. This harness is also designed in such a way that it helps distribute the weight of the cart evenly across their bodies.
This will help prevent exhaustion and injuries. Finally, it also comes with an emergency quick-release option from your joring system in the event that you need to release the dogs quickly.
- RECOMMENDED SIZE & BREEDS - The Frontpet Pulling Dog Harness is ideal for medium to large sized dogs with an upper chest measurement of 29in to 39in. The fully adjustable dog harness is perfect for your Huskie, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, Labrador, Labradoodle, and many more larger breeds. Please measure your pup carefully for proper sizing.
- PUTTING ON IS A BREEZE - Simply unclip the two large size buckles, pull the harness over your puppy's head, pass the chest support panel under the chest of your dog and then re-clip the side buckles. Finally, adjust the side straps for a secure fit.
- SAFE, COMFORTABLE & VERSATILE - The Frontpet Pulling Harness ensures you have maximum control over your dog while preventing choking. The fleece lining eliminates hotspots and rubbing when the harness is properly set-up. The harness also features three leash attachment D-rings. Use the two side D-rings with the included bungee leash or the single top D-ring for a traditional leash.
- FEATURE PACKED - The harness features bright reflective striping throughout the own harness to keep you and your pup safe while running, biking, hiking, jogging, sledding or on a casual walk. The harness is reinforced in key points for maximum durability. The included bungee leash keeps your dog close and prevents harsh immediate jerks for both you and your dog.
- THE PERFECT PULLING HARNESS - Treat you and your pet today with the Frontpet Dog Pulling Harness. Enhance the comfort of your dog during walks and exercising while ensuring they are safe and secure by your side.
Things We Like About It
* Emergency Release
The FrontPet Explorer Dog Pulling Harness with Included Dog Pulling Leash is our runner up. It also comes with a leash which contains the appropriate safety measures to ensure that your dog is at its safest when pulling.
This harness is also durable. It’s made up of nylon and reinforced stitching throughout the harness, so it lasts through your carting competitions or profession.
It also provides comfort for the dog. It has a fleece-lined interior as well as padding on the chest to help keep the harness comfortable on your dog while it’s pulling.
Finally, it has three different D-rings for you to attach the cart to, so you can ensure that the weight is distributed evenly.
Best For Extreme Heavy Pulling
Thinks We Like About It
The FrontPet Heavy Duty Dog Lifting and Pulling Harness is a great choice for pet owners who have dogs that pull heavy loads. Its design features a double-back harness.
This design allows dogs to be lifted or lowered in exposed areas. It also provides further tensile strength during pulling.
It also comes with numerous straps that allow you to fit the harness to your dog’s specific size. The padding on the stomach and chest area also provides increased comfort for your dog.
It best fits medium-sized and large dogs.
Best For Minimal Contact
- Keeping the airway free
- Optimal distribution of the pulling force
- Size adjustment
Things We Like About It
* Doesn’t Restrict Respiratory Tract
* Minimal Contact With Skin
The Non-Stop Dogwear Freemotion Harness is our choice for a harness that provides as little contact against the dog’s skin as possible. Because pulling can sometimes make the harness chafe against the dog’s skin, having a harness that provides minimal contact to their skin is an excellent choice.
This harness minimizes its use of straps. It offers just enough to keep your dog safe while it pulls and ensures that the weight is distributed evenly.
However, it minimizes its straps, so your dog can breathe easier and refrain from being restrained by the straps. Easier movement means you’ll see an improved performance from your dog.
Best For Large Working Dogs
- ▶DURABLE & STRONG:Made of extremely durable 50 mm wide nylon webbing material with reinforced stitching,the material resistance up to 1200 lbs,perfect for training large dogs,pet dogs or work dogs,such as Alaskan Malamute,Siberian Huskies,American Bully,American Pit Bull Terrier,Rottweiler,Boxers;
- ▶COMFORTABLE & SAFE:This training harness is padded with wider padding strips that are very soft, breathable, tear resistant in the neck and chest areas for safety and comfort all the time;
- ▶FUNCTIONAL HARNESS:This dog weight pulling harness is an amazing training tool to improve your dog’s behavior and develop your dog’s muscle and strength in a right way without hurting your dogs.It also can be used as a sledding dog harness for pulling sports, Canicross,Sled,Ski-Joring.
- ▶FIT LARGE DOGS:This Harness size is designed for 31.5"(80cm) dog neck circumference. X-back style for racing or training in any season, made to last.
- ▶100% Quality Guarantee:We guarantee to replace new items or refund total money for free if you are unsatisfied with our products or quality. Just enjoy your shopping experience
Things We Like About It
* Great For Working Dogs
* Padded Straps For Comfort
The PET ARTIST Dog Weight Pulling Training Harnesses for Large Work Dogs is an excellent choice for those who have working dogs that they want to use in carting. It utilizes a traditional sled dog design that reinforces the dog’s strength and makes it just a bit easier for the dog to pull the cart.
The material of this harness is made up of nylon and reinforced stitching. In testing, it was able to resist up to 1200 lbs before becoming degraded.
That makes this harness a great choice for those who are looking to get started with carting heavy loads. It also has padded straps to keep your dog comfortable while wearing it.
It is designed for larger dogs, so make sure that you size your dog correctly before buying this harness.
10 Quick Tips to Fit Your Dog Harnesses For Carting
1. Make Sure It Fits
The most important aspect of a dog harness is that it fits your dog. A harness that doesn’t fit your dog can cause a serious injury to occur.
2. Measure Rib Cage
How do you measure your dog for a harness? You measure around the rib cage.
This helps ensure that the harness can wrap snugly around the dog without cutting off its airflow. You can also benefit from measuring their chest and the length of their back.
3. Padded Goes A Long Way
If you want your dog to be comfortable, then you might want to consider harnesses that have padded interiors. These sit more comfortably on your dog and can prevent chafing.
4. Adjustable Straps
No harness will ever fit your dog perfectly. Because of this, it’s a good idea to look for harness that has adjustable straps.
5. Connection Clip
For those who have a team of dogs carting something, then you’ll want to consider a harness that has a connection clip. This allows you to easily connect one dog to another to create your pulling team.
6. Have Chafing Cream On Hand
Despite your best efforts, chafing may still occur. Having a cream that can help reduce the friction and ease your dog’s skin is a boon.
7. Clean Harness
It’s also a good idea to clean your harness after use. This prevents it from degrading early and helps it maintain its strength.
8. Start Slow
9. More Clips, The Better
To help you find the perfect distribution, it’s a good idea to have a harness that offers numerous clips. You can find the right distribution through trial and error.
When not in use, the harness should be placed somewhere cool and dry to increase longevity.