Dogs are more than just pets; they are our loyal companions who deserve the best care we can provide. One of the most important aspects of maintaining a dog’s health is feeding them the right food. With so many options available, it can be challenging to determine which type of dog food is best for your furry friend. In this article, we will explore the best dog food for Pitbulls.
Pitbulls are a special breed that requires specific nutrition to maintain their muscular physique and high energy levels. When selecting dog food for your Pitbull, it is essential to consider factors such as protein content, fat content, and the quality of ingredients. The right dog food can help your Pitbull maintain a healthy weight, improve their coat’s appearance, and promote overall good health.
When choosing the best dog food for Pitbulls, it is crucial to read the ingredient list and avoid fillers such as corn, soy, and wheat. Look for high-quality animal protein sources such as chicken, beef, or lamb, and avoid by-products. Additionally, consider the fat content of the food and aim for a balance between protein and fat.
We spent countless hours researching and testing various dog foods to identify the ones that meet the nutritional needs of Pitbulls. In the next section, we will share our top picks for the best dog food for Pitbulls.
Note: If you click some of the links or pictures in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
- Victor Super Premium Dog Food – Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food – 30% Protein, Gluten Free – for High Energy and Active Dogs & Puppies, 5lbs 5 Pound (Pack of 1)
- Bully Max High Performance Super Premium Dog Food
- Pedigree with Tender Bites Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken & Steak Flavor Dog Kibble, 14 lb. Bag
- WAG Dry Dog Puppy Food
- Wonder Bound Large Breed Dog Food
- Buying Guide
Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
We’ve researched and tested the top dog foods for Pitbulls to ensure they receive the proper nutrition they need to thrive. These products are carefully selected based on their high-quality ingredients, nutritional value, and positive customer reviews.
Victor Super Premium Dog Food – Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food – 30% Protein, Gluten Free – for High Energy and Active Dogs & Puppies, 5lbs 5 Pound (Pack of 1)
If you’re looking to purchase the best dog food for your pitbull, we highly recommend Victor Super Premium Dog Food – Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food. This dog food is perfect for active dogs that need high levels of quality protein, like growing puppies and pregnant or nursing females.
- This gluten-free dog food is packed with premium-quality beef, chicken, pork and fish meals, making it a nutrient-dense, multi-meat formula that provides sustained energy for sporting dogs and dogs with high physical demands.
- Suitable for all life stages, this premium dog food is ideal for pregnant dogs, lactating females, and puppies. It is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, except for growth of large size dogs (70 lb. or more as an adult).
- This super premium dog food has been formulated with Victor’s exclusive mix of supplements, vitamins, and minerals which help maximize the genetic potential of every dog, regardless of breed, age, or activity level.
- This dog food is on the pricier side compared to other dog foods in the market.
- Some dogs may not like the taste of this dog food.
- The kibbles are small, which may not be suitable for larger dogs.
We’ve been using this dog food for our pitbull for several months now, and we’ve noticed a significant improvement in his energy levels and overall health. The high protein content in this dog food has helped him maintain his muscle mass, and the added vitamins and minerals have contributed to his shiny coat and healthy skin.
Overall, we highly recommend Victor Super Premium Dog Food – Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food to any pitbull owner looking for a high-quality dog food that can provide sustained energy for their active dog.
Bully Max High Performance Super Premium Dog Food
If you’re looking for a high-quality dog food that can help your pitbull gain muscle, size, growth, and weight, then Bully Max High Performance Super Premium Dog Food is the perfect choice for you.
- Rated 5 stars by the world’s #1 online dog food review site
- Meat-based formula packed with amino proteins
- Contains more calories than other formulas in its class
- More expensive than other dog foods
- Some dogs may not like the taste
- Not suitable for dogs with certain dietary restrictions
We’ve been using Bully Max High Performance Super Premium Dog Food for our pitbull for several months now, and we’ve noticed a significant improvement in his overall health and well-being. The meat-based formula is packed with useful amino-packed proteins that allow our dog to thrive, and it contains more calories than other formulas in its class, which means we can feed him less food.
One of the best things about Bully Max is that it’s suitable for all ages, which means we can feed it to our puppy as well as our adult dog. We also appreciate the fact that Bully Max has never been recalled, thanks to their triple check system. All Bully Max food is tested three times prior to leaving the manufacturing facility, which gives us peace of mind knowing that we’re feeding our dog a safe and healthy product.
While Bully Max is more expensive than other dog foods, we believe that the benefits are worth the extra cost. However, we do acknowledge that some dogs may not like the taste of the food, so it’s important to introduce it slowly and monitor your dog’s reaction. Additionally, if your dog has certain dietary restrictions, Bully Max may not be the best choice for them.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a high-quality dog food that can help your pitbull gain muscle, size, growth, and weight, then we highly recommend Bully Max High Performance Super Premium Dog Food.
Pedigree with Tender Bites Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken & Steak Flavor Dog Kibble, 14 lb. Bag
If you’re looking for a dog food that is both delicious and nutritious, then Pedigree with Tender Bites Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken & Steak Flavor Dog Kibble is the way to go.
- The easy-to-chew tender bites mixed with crunchy kibble help clean dogs’ teeth.
- Wholesome chicken and steak flavors with no fillers, no artificial flavors, and no high fructose corn syrup.
- 100% complete and balanced dry food for adult dogs with antioxidants and omega-6 fatty acids to help nourish your dog’s skin and coat.
- Some dogs might not like the taste of the chicken and steak flavors.
- The kibble might be too hard for some dogs with dental issues.
- The bag might not be big enough for larger dogs or households with multiple dogs.
We recently tried Pedigree with Tender Bites Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken & Steak Flavor Dog Kibble on our two dogs and we were impressed with how much they loved it. The easy-to-chew tender bites mixed in with crunchy kibble made mealtime a breeze, and we noticed that their teeth looked cleaner after just a few days of eating this food.
We also appreciate that this dog food is made with wholesome ingredients and has no fillers, no artificial flavors, and no high fructose corn syrup. Plus, it’s enriched with omega-6 fatty acids and zinc to help nourish skin and maintain a sleek, shiny coat.
Overall, we highly recommend Pedigree with Tender Bites Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken & Steak Flavor Dog Kibble for anyone looking for a delicious and nutritious dog food for their furry friend.
WAG Dry Dog Puppy Food
We highly recommend WAG Dry Dog Puppy Food for Pitbulls as it contains real meat as the first ingredient and is formulated with the help of veterinarians and a pet nutritionist.
- Real meat first
- Probiotics and fiber support healthy digestion and the immune system
- DHA supports cognitive and vision development
- Gradual transitioning is important to help avoid dietary upsets
- Not suitable for dogs with chicken allergies
- Some dogs may not like the taste
WAG Dry Dog Puppy Food is an excellent choice for Pitbulls as it provides all the necessary nutrients for their growth and development. The real meat as the first ingredient ensures that your dog gets the protein it needs to build strong muscles. The probiotics and fiber in the food support healthy digestion and the immune system, while DHA supports cognitive and vision development.
One downside of this food is that gradual transitioning is important to help avoid dietary upsets. Also, if your dog has chicken allergies, this food may not be suitable for them. Lastly, some dogs may not like the taste of this food.
Overall, WAG Dry Dog Puppy Food is a great option for Pitbulls as it is made with high-quality ingredients and provides all the necessary nutrients for their growth and development. Plus, it comes with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
Wonder Bound Large Breed Dog Food
If you’re looking for a dog food that supports your pitbull’s health, Wonder Bound Large Breed Dog Food is a great option.
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient
- High protein and L-Carnitine support lean, healthy muscles
- Glucosamine supports joint health and mobility
- Larger kibble size may not be suitable for all dogs
- Some customers reported issues with the bag being ripped during shipping
- May cause gas in some dogs
We recently tried Wonder Bound Large Breed Dog Food, and we were impressed with the quality of the ingredients. The real chicken as the #1 ingredient provides a good source of protein, and the added L-Carnitine helps support lean muscles. We also appreciated the addition of glucosamine for joint support.
One thing to note is that the kibble size is larger than some other dog foods, which may not be suitable for all dogs. Additionally, some customers reported issues with the bag being ripped during shipping, so it’s important to inspect the bag upon arrival. Finally, some dogs may experience gas after switching to this dog food.
Overall, we recommend Wonder Bound Large Breed Dog Food for pitbulls who need a high-quality, protein-rich diet to support their muscles and joints.
When choosing the best dog food for Pitbulls, there are several factors to take into consideration. Here are some features to look for when buying dog food:
- Protein: Pitbulls require a high protein diet to maintain their muscle mass. Look for dog food that has protein as the first ingredient, and has at least 25% protein content.
- Fat: Pitbulls also require a good amount of fat in their diet to provide them with energy. Look for dog food that has a moderate amount of fat, around 15-20%.
- Carbohydrates: While carbohydrates are not essential for Pitbulls, they can provide them with energy. Look for dog food that has whole grains as the source of carbohydrates.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Pitbulls require a balanced diet that includes essential vitamins and minerals. Look for dog food that has a variety of fruits and vegetables as the source of these nutrients.
- Grain-Free: Some Pitbulls have allergies or sensitivities to grains. Look for grain-free dog food if your Pitbull has any of these issues.
It is also important to note that not all dog food is created equal. Look for dog food that has been certified by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) to ensure that it meets the nutritional needs of your Pitbull.
In addition, it is important to consult with your veterinarian to determine the specific nutritional needs of your Pitbull. They can help you choose the best dog food for your furry friend.
When it comes to feeding your Pitbull, it’s important to understand their dietary needs. Here are some frequently asked questions about feeding Pitbulls.
What should I look for in a Pitbull’s food?
Pitbulls require a diet that is high in protein and fat, with moderate levels of carbohydrates. Look for foods that have animal-based protein sources, such as chicken, beef, or fish. Avoid foods with fillers like corn, wheat, and soy, as these can cause digestive issues.
How much should I feed my Pitbull?
The amount of food your Pitbull needs will depend on their age, weight, and activity level. Generally, adult Pitbulls should be fed 2-3 cups of food per day, split into two meals. Puppies will need more frequent feedings, with 3-4 meals per day.
Can I feed my Pitbull a raw diet?
While some owners choose to feed their Pitbulls a raw diet, it’s important to do so safely and with caution. Raw diets can be nutritionally imbalanced and may pose a risk of bacterial contamination. Consult with your veterinarian before starting a raw diet.
Should I give my Pitbull supplements?
Most Pitbulls can get all the nutrients they need from a balanced diet. However, some dogs may benefit from supplements, such as glucosamine for joint health or omega-3 fatty acids for skin and coat health. Consult with your veterinarian before giving your Pitbull any supplements.
How often should I change my Pitbull’s food?
It’s generally not necessary to change your Pitbull’s food unless they have a specific dietary need or develop an allergy or intolerance. If you do decide to switch foods, do so gradually over the course of a week to avoid digestive upset.
My name is Danny Jackson and I’m the CEO and Chief Editor behind Petloverguy.com. After spending a decade working with vets and private clients as an animal behavioral and nutritional specialist I co-founded Pet Lover Guy to help other pet parents learn how to interact with, and make the most of the time that they spend with their adopted and rescued best pet friends.
Working with Ella, our chihuahua rescue, we seek to help all dog and cat lovers have the happiest life possible.