Toy poodles are one of the most popular breeds in America, and it is no surprise why. They’re small enough to fit into your purse but still big enough to be a loyal companion for years.
But with so many different dog foods on the market, what is the best food? What should you look for when buying dog food? This blog post will answer all those questions and more!
Note: If you click some of the links or pictures in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Top Pick Dry Dogfood for Toy Poodles
- Top Pick Wet Dogfood for Toy Poodles
- Best for Toy Poodle Puppies
- Best Royal Canin Dog Food for Toy Poodles
- Toy Poodle Homemade Food Recipe
- How Much Should a Toy Poodle Eat?
- Is Cesar Dog Food Good for Toy Poodles?
- Is it Cruel to Feed a Toy Poodle Once a Day?
- What Human Food Can Toy Poodles Eat?
- What Can Toy Poodles Not Eat?
Top Pick Dry Dogfood for Toy Poodles
There are a lot of reasons to love Hill’s Science Diet. It takes the spot for top pick because it’s veterinarian recommended and natural. Pet owners that are worried about the kind of food their dog is eating can have their worries assured with this food.
It’s made in the United States which means it’s fresher than international dog food. The food is made up of prebiotic fiber which helps strengthen the Toy Poodle’s digestive system. It’s gentle on their stomach which allows them to eat it without throwing it back up.
The food is also rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin E. That helps keep their coat and skin healthy. If your Toy Poodle suffers from skin allergies, then this dog food may be a great pick for you.
- This dry dog food uses prebiotic fiber to feed your small dog's microbiome for optimal digestive health
- Vitamin E, omega 6 fatty acids and other nutrients in smaller kibble help nourish skin & promote a lustrous coat
- Dog food formulated with little dogs in mind to provide an optimal balance of nutrients specifically for miniature and toy breed dogs. Calorie content: 3734 kcal/kg (392 kcal/cup)
- Precise balance and highly digestible ingredients for sensitive stomachs and for dogs with sensitive skin
- Made with natural ingredients
- Sensitive food built for smaller breeds
- Works well for dogs with diabetes
- The food made my dog less greasy and smelly
- Contains chicken which can cause some allergies in dogs
Top Pick Wet Dogfood for Toy Poodles
Keeping ingredients simple is a dog owner’s dream. That’s what Cesar Simply Crafted offers. It contains only five main ingredients and all of them are natural. Along with beef or chicken, your Toy Poodle will eat plenty of vegetables to get their nutrients.
One of the best aspects of this wet dog food is that it doesn’t contain fillers or additives. Your Toy Poodle will eat the food and nothing else. This can help reduce allergies, improve their digestive health, and give them plenty of energy.
This particular wet dog food comes with 16 tubs of food. It’s perfect as a meal for a Toy Poodle or to mix in with their regular food.
- Contains sixteen (16) 1.3 oz. tubs of CESAR SIMPLY CRAFTED Canine Cuisine Complement Adult Wet Dog Food Topper: (8) Chicken, Carrots, Potatoes & Peas Recipe, (8) Beef, Chicken, Purple Potatoes, Green Beans & Red Rice Recipe
- Beef or chicken is the first of only 5 simple ingredients for a delectable taste
- No artificial colors, flavors, fillers, or preservatives… only the best ingredients for your best friend
- Convenient tubs with no-fuss, easy-to-peel freshness seals pack in delicious gourmet recipes
- Great as a healthy topper, mix-in, or snack food for dogs of all sizes
- Picky dogs love the taste of it
- Fresh and real ingredients
- Great for dogs with dental problems or missing teeth
- Too small as a meal on its own
Best for Toy Poodle Puppies
If you want to feed your Toy Poodle food that’s specifically made for its breed, then you need to buy Royal Canin Poodle Caniche. This dry dog food is specially made for purebred Poodle puppies. You know that every kibble has the right amount of nutrients and calories for a Poodle puppy to have.
Because it’s designed for Poodles, even the shape of the kibble is with them in mind. It’s designed to be picked up with ease by the unique shape of a Poodle’s mouth and teeth.
The food is packed full of EPA and DHA from fish oil that gives puppies the healthiest coat possible. It contains high-quality proteins and prebiotics to support digestive health and energy.
- Royal Canin Poodle Puppy dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Poodles 8 weeks to 10 months old
- Exclusive kibble design helps Poodles easily pick up and chew their food
- Helps support puppy’s developing immune system and natural defenses with an exclusive complex of antioxidants including vitamin E
- Promotes skin health with EPA and DHA from fish oil to help nourish puppy’s developing curly coat. Calorie content: This diet contains 3810 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 385 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated)
- Supports digestion and promotes optimal stool quality with high-quality proteins and prebiotics
- Poodles love the taste of the food
- Encourages Toy Poodles to chew their food
- Helps Poodles grow strong and healthy
- Bag is rather small
Best Royal Canin Dog Food for Toy Poodles
For adult dogs, you’ll still love Royal Canin Poodle Caniche. The dog food is specifically designed to encourage Poodles to chew through their food. This helps prevent them from throwing it back up due to upset stomachs.
It uses the right amount of EPA and DHA to give them healthy coats that shine. There’s also a specific amount of protein in each serving to give them the energy they need and provide plenty of protein to grow. It helps them develop and maintain their muscle tone.
The ingredients contain nutrients that are specifically used for Poodles to help them grow into adult dogs and elder dogs. It will support their growth through every phase of life.
- Royal Canin Poodle Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Poodles 10 months and older
- Exclusive kibble design helps Poodles easily pick up and chew their food
- Helps maintain a Poodle’s coat health with EPA and DHA fatty acids from fish oil and precise protein levels to support continuously growing hair
- Supports a Poodle’s strong build with precise protein content to maintain muscle tone
- An exclusive blend of nutrients supports vitality and healthy aging during their long life span
- Rarely do they get sick eating this food
- Poodle coats feel incredible after eating this dog food
- Picky eaters love it
- Caused allergies in some dogs
Toy Poodle Homemade Food Recipe
This homemade food recipe will give your Toy Poodle plenty of energy and digestive health.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large apple that’s cored
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of kale
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup rice
- 1.5 cup of water
To make the dish, you’ll want to start by putting the ground meats in a crockpot. Then peel and chop the potatoes, carrots, and apples into small enough pieces for your Toy Poodle to chew.
Add the fruits and vegetables into the crockpot. Mix it.
Then cook the mixture on high for 5-7 hours. You know you’re done cooking when the meat is brown.
Before the meat is finished, cook the rice. You can cook it with water and place it on a stovetop for 20 minutes. The stovetop should be set on low. Once the rice is finished, you can pour it into the mixture in the crockpot.
Once the meat is done, you can portion it out into dishes or bags. Your Toy Poodle is ready to eat.
How Much Should a Toy Poodle Eat?
Toy Poodles should eat two 1/2 cups of food a day. A little less is fine.
Is Cesar Dog Food Good for Toy Poodles?
Cesar dog food is ideal for Toy Poodles because it comes in small sizes. For many small dogs, Cesar is a meal or two meals in itself. You can also get it in a wet form which may make it easier for Toy Poodles to eat.
Is it Cruel to Feed a Toy Poodle Once a Day?
It isn’t cruel if the Toy Poodle can receive all of their nutrition in the meal. However, if they often whine because they’re hungry, then it may make them happier if you split their meals into two different meals.
It may also help with their digestion.
What Human Food Can Toy Poodles Eat?
Toy Poodles can eat carrots, white rice, apples, fish, chicken, certain dairy products at a small amount, and popcorn at a small amount.
You just need to make sure the portions are small enough for them to chew safely.
What Can Toy Poodles Not Eat?
Toy Poodles cannot eat chocolate, xylitol, grapes, macadamia nuts, raisins, or drink alcohol. They’re all toxic and can seriously damage a dog’s body.