I’m sure you know that TSC is the place to go for all of your home needs, and they have a huge selection of dog supplies. One thing people often overlook is the wireless dog fences. These are perfect for those who can’t (or don’t want) to put in an actual fence around their yard or property.
Table of Contents
- The Top 5 Wireless Dog Fence Models
- Our Top Pick: PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System
- Runner Up: PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
- Best for Dog Owners on a Budget: PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence
- Best for Small Dogs: PetSafe Stay & Play Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
- Best for Stubborn Dogs: PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs
The Top 5 Wireless Dog Fence Models
Here is our list of the top 5 wireless dog fence models that you can find at Tractor Supply Company or on Amazon. Each of these choices has been thoroughly researched to make sure that we bring you the absolute best in each category.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Our Top Pick: PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System
Our top pick is the PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System (check prices at Tractor Supply). We find this to be the model that contains all of the features you need plus a few more that make it the ultimate buy.
- A full half-acre of circular coverage
- The wireless system contains no wire that needs to be buried
- waterproof collar
- long battery life
- It’s a bit pricy for the buyer on a budget but its wide list of features makes it well worth the investment.
Runner Up: PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
Our choice for runner-up is the PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence (check TSC prices). This handy model contains nearly all of the features of our top pick. It’s an exciting new unit that some of our customers may prefer to our own choice, although it is a tiny bit pricier.
- Static-free reentry allows your dog to come back inside the fence with no penalties
- A full half-acre of circular coverage
- Buy extra collars to add more pets to the system
- Definitely, a bit on the pricy side, although there are more than enough features here to satisfy buyers who aren’t on a strict budget.
Best for Dog Owners on a Budget: PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence
We fully understand that some of our readers may be on a rather restricted budget. For this reason, we recommend the PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence. This model contains all of the basic features you need to get started. It can be supplemented later on with additional features as required.
- Contains all of the basic features you need to get started at a very affordable price
- Shockproof and waterproof collar
- Trainer collar with training mode and 4 levels of correction
- It’s a basic budget model for one dog or cat. You will have to buy additional features to customize it.
Best for Small Dogs: PetSafe Stay & Play Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
If you’re looking for a great new model to keep small dogs and cats safe, the new PetSafe Stay & Play Dog and Cat Wireless Fence is an excellent choice (check TSC prices and availability). It’s a fully deluxe model with all of the features you need to get set up and secured right away.
- 3/4 acre of full circular coverage
- The system is extremely simple to set up. The process takes only a few hours
- Static-free reentry allows your dog or cat to get back inside the fence with no penalties
- Waterproof collar
- Possibly the priciest entry on our list.
- Definitely designed for smaller rather than larger dogs. Keep this in mind when considering whether to buy it.
Best for Stubborn Dogs: PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs
If you have an adventurous dog who doesn’t like to play by the rules, your best bet is the PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs. This new model allows you to keep willful dogs safely inside the boundaries you choose for them while teaching them to mind their limits.
- 3/4 acre of circular coverage
- The collar is waterproof and shockproof
- Sound-only training mode with 5 additional levels of static correction
- Static-free reentry
- You will need to buy additional collars to hook up to the transmitter to train other dogs
- This model is definitely designed to train stubborn dogs. More obedient dogs may object to the higher levels of static correction
Are These Dog Fence Systems Adaptable to Multiple Dogs?
Are All of the Collars on This List Shock Proof?
We have taken special care to make sure that this list contains only collars that are fully shockproof and waterproof. Some of the collars on this list are even fully submersible. They are all designed to give your dog the ultimate level of safe and secured correction.
Will There Be Any Problems with My Wi-Fi Signal?
One of the biggest fears that people have with using a wireless fence is that it will take up space from or interfere with their Wi-Fi signal. We have taken care to make sure that this list contains only units that are guaranteed not to cause any problems with your wireless signal.
Can I Connect More Receivers to Create a Larger Boundary?
All of the models on this list can be supplemented with additional receivers to create a larger boundary for your dogs to have more space to run in.