If you have a greedy cat or a dog on a prescription diet, it might be hard to control its diet. This problem is even worse when there are other pets in your house. If you want to find a solution to that issue, you should try a microchip feeder.
Today, I’ll provide you with a SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder style=”font-weight: 400;”> Review, so you can decide if it’s the ideal pet feeder for you.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- What Exactly Is SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder?
- SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder General Features
- A Deeper Insight into SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Highlights
- SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Pros and Cons
- Wrap Up
What Exactly Is SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder?
Before heading into the juicy stuff, let’s explain what exactly is a SureFeed microchip pet feeder. To put this in the simplest way possible, it’s a sealed pet bowl that will only open for the right pet.
The product is produced by Sure PetCare, which is one of the leading companies in this industry.
SureFeed microchip pet feeder utilizes an RFID collar tag or a vet implanted microchip to identify the pets. When a cat or a dog with the right microchip approaches the feeder, the bowl’s lid will open and expose the food.
The pet feeder is ideal for households with multiple pets whether they’re the same or different species. The SureFeed microchip pet feeder prevents pets from stealing each other’s food.
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder General Features
Let’s have a quick look at some of the general features you’re going to get with it.
One of the earliest impressions I’ve had about the SureFeed is that it has a smart design. The pet feeder has dimensions of about 8.27 x 12.6 x 5.91 inches.
Additionally, it has a total weight of about 2.2 pounds only. This makes it much easier to put the feeder anywhere, so you won’t find a problem placing it wherever the pets want their food.
Despite being lightweight, the product is fairly durable and stable. The battery weighs the feeder down, so the bowl stays in place with messy eaters.
Moreover, the pet feeder looks nice, it’s easily identified as a pet feeder, so you won’t feel like you have an alien spaceship landing on your floor. This also helps the cat to get used to the feeder quicker.
Available in Multiple Colors
Another good feature about the SureFeed pet feeder is that it’s available in multiple bowls and cover colors.
This isn’t only good for personal preference, but it’s also ideal to eliminate confusion with multiple units around.
Decent Battery Life
The SureFeed microchip pet feeder utilizes four C alkaline batteries to operate. The batteries last anywhere between 6 months and 1 year depending on how much the feeder works.
Unfortunately, the unit doesn’t have an option for recharging. Once the feeder runs out of power, you have to get a new battery. The good thing is that the feeder comes with a low battery indicator that lights red when it’s time to change the battery.
Also, changing the battery is extremely simple and you shouldn’t have a hard time doing it yourself.
SureFeed is backed by Sure PetCare, which is one of the leading manufacturers in the pet feeders business.
In addition to quality, SureFeed also offers a generous 3-year warranty on the product for a worry-free purchase.
Keeps Food Secure
You can set the lid to stay shut until your pet approaches the bowl. By covering the bowl, SureFeed can also keep the food fresh and protect it from flies. It also prevents wandering toddlers from reaching the pet’s food.
A Deeper Insight into SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Highlights
The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder is one of the smartest pet feeding bowls in the market. Here are some of the special features that make it stand out among the crowd.
Highly Adjustable Smart Lid
Some automatic pet feeders in the market have the RFID sensor placed directly in front of the bowl. It works well when the cat is facing the feeder. However, the sensors lose contact with the collar when the pet turns its head away, shutting off the feeder.
What makes SureFeed’s sensor special is that it stays in contact as long as the pet has its head under the lid.
The smart lid is also highly adjustable. You can control the delay time until the lid shuts off according to 3 modes. You can choose between a shutoff delay of 1, 2, or 3 seconds.
Compatible with Various Microchips and RFIDs Worldwide
One of the best things about this pet feeder is that it’s compatible with almost all kinds of microchips. The feeder with up to 10 FDXA, 15 FDXB, and 9 Avid Secure digital microchips. Additionally, it can also work with RFID collar tags.
SureFeed can pair with up to 32 different IDs, so you shouldn’t worry about the number of pets you have in your household.
Moreover, pairing the microchips is extremely simple. The feeder comes with an instructions guide that’s easy to read and understand. It should take less than a minute to get your pet registered on the feeder’s system.
Controls Food Portions for Pets on a Diet
Despite being super cute, chubby pets can have a lot of health problems. If you have a cat who likes to eat a bit more than it should, SureFeed will be a good option to try.
You can easily set the feeder to allow the pet to eat a specific amount of food. After that, the lid will gently shut off to prevent the pets from eating more. The feeder uses digital scales to weigh the bowl as it gets lighter while eating.
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Pros and Cons
Let’s have a quick rundown on the advantages and disadvantages of the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder.
- Smart design and rugged construction
- Easy to use and program
- Smart lid system with an adjustable delay time
- Excellent for households with multiple pets
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Compatible with a wide range of RFID collars and microchips
- A bit pricey
- Isn’t dishwasher-safe
There you have it. A complete SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Review with everything you should know about the product.
As you can see, the pet feeder is ideal for a household with multiple pets. It keeps the food secure and it can operate on the same battery for up to a year.
Despite being a bit pricey, SureFeed Microchip pet feeder comes with a 3-year warranty, which is a great deal.
- Key Benefits: Prevents food stealing and stress at mealtimes in multi-pet homes, keeps your pets healthier by controlling portions and helping to keep weight under control, saves money by not overfeeding expensive prescription foods and helping to avoid vet bills related to pet health conditions.
- Great for Pets on Prescription Diets: Holds 13.5 fl. oz, wet or dry pet food. The lid closes to form a seal with the neoprene lip, helping to retain moisture and to keep food fresher longer.
- Microchip Compatibility: Works with 9 (Avid Secure), 10 (FDXA) and 15 (FDXB) digit microchip numbers; if unsure of your pet’s microchip number, you can check with your veterinarian, pet shelter or animal rescue. Automatic Cat Feeder opens when the assigned pet microchip ID approaches, and closes when it moves away. Simple one button programming.
- Three Year Warranty. Veterinarian Recommended.
- Do you have a houseful of pets? Does one cat steal the other’s cat food? Does your dog steal the cat’s food? Stressful Feeding times? The Microchip Pet Feeder makes feeding times so much easier! It uses the pet’s Microchip ID or by wearing a lightweight RFID collar tag to communicate with the feeder to open for that specific pet. All feeders come standard with one tag (unit stores 32 ID’s); additional collar tags can be purchased separately if necessary. Ideally one feeder per pet.