Do you enjoy talking your dog for a walk, or do you flat out dread it? If you’re sick and tired of being pulled around, then a no pull dog harness with a ring on the side might be perfect for you!
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Find Your Optimal Size: Size Large fit Chest Girth 17-34 inch, please choose size based on your dog's chest girth by measuring around the widest part of your dog's chest before purchase (if between sizes, choose the larger size and be sure to set aside 1 inch), recommend for large and medium dogs, like labrador, husky, boxer, german shepherd, golden retriever, border collie, american pit bull terrier, bulldog and more
- No Pull Design & Better Control: Our dog harness with 2 zinc-alloy rings on dog's chest and back, when your dog pulls, you could attach the chest ring to control your dog, and when you walk with your four-legged friend, you could use the back ring, no stress on dog's neck, no choke, ideal solution for pulling dog
- Safer & More Comfortable: Nylon webbing with reflective material to ensure good visibility when night running; a sturdy handle on the back for looping seat belt through to secure your dog while riding in your car; breathable mesh lining with soft sponge padding plate of puppy harness prevents injuries, giving extra comfort and protection
- Easy to Wear & Adjust: This no pull dog harness is easy to wear and adjust, quick snap buckles ensures ease of use when putting on and taking off, fully adjustable straps at the chest and neck allow a custom fit for your fur friend, perfect for daily walking, running, jogging, hiking, training, outdoor fun time and more
- 100% Quality Warranty: Your satisfaction is our first priority, we take care of all quality-related issues with a REPLACEMENT OR FULL REFUND; If you encounter any problem while using, please never hesitate to send email to us and we will make it all right for you
Eagloo Dog Harness
Eagloo’s famous harness has a stamp of approval from more than a few trainers. It’s a good pick for anyone with a medium-sized dog. The price can’t be beat, and the color is going to stand out against nearly any dog’s fur.
Since it features two different rings, you can comfortably attach a leash in several different positions.
- Nylon webbing is safe and won’t make marks
- Easy to adjust
- Extremely visible
- Only works with dogs between 17-34 inches
- Loosens up over time
- Rubs on armpits
- 【Large Dog Harness with Lockable Collar】 Adjustable Neck Girth: 18-27 inch, Chest Girth: 19-33 inch, Suitable Weight: 50 lbs to 90 lbs. Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large size dogs like Great Pyrenees, Golden Retriever, Labrador, German Shepherd, American Bully Pitbull, Huskie, Alaska, Akita and more. Please determine your dog’s chest girth by measuring the broadest part of your dog’s chest when choosing size. A durable DOG COLLAR included.
- 【Adjustable & Customizable Neck And Chest Girth Fit】The fit of this pet harness can be completely customized for your pet using the slide adjusters at the chest and neck. Please note that there was a locking tab on the clasp.
- 【No Pull & Choke-Free】WINSEE dog harness featured with 2 Sturdy Metal D-Rings on front/back range for attaching leash, front clip prevent pulling and back for relaxed walking. The 2 D-rings are reinforced on the extensional part which is not easily ripped off even by heavy pulling. Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Choking.
- 【Easy to Use】This dog vest harness designed with quick snap buckles& safe lock, make it easy and secure to put on and take off. This no pull dog harness is made with enhanced 1680D oxford fabric with high density to prevent from chewing or tearing up. Breathable mesh lining with soft sponge padding plate of this dog harness providing extra comfort and protection.
- 【Reflective Straps & Sturdy Handle】Reflective straps of this easy control harness ensure your dog’s safety while out for a walk even at night; Sturdy Fabric Handle on the back helps you better control and assist your dog.
Winsee Dog Harness
A best seller for years now, it looks like Winsee’s design is a popular pick for many dog owners. While it might not fit the smallest pooches, it should work well with almost any mid-sized dog.
Anyone who wants to take their pets out for a walk at night should really appreciate the reflectors too!
- Fits all dogs 50-90 lbs.
- Sturdy handle
- Reflective tape
- May be too big for some dogs
- Fit could be slightly off
- Stitches aren’t straight on one side
Best for Big Dogs
- 【 LARGE DOG HARNESS 】 - Measuring Neck Girth: 16.1" - 23.2", Chest Girth: 20.5" - 36" . Let us know anytime you need help in finding the right size for your lovely dog. Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd, Akita, etc. Make your puppy stand out with this Classic Black Harness!
- 【 NO PULL, NO CHOKE 】- Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 Metal Leash Rings for safer dog walks. Use the CHEST attachment clip to stop your dog from pulling on walks, perfect for dog training or dogs who tend to pull. The BACK one is great for casual walks, jogging, hiking, etc
- 【 EASY TO USE 】- This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 Fast-release Buckles. SLIDE the harness over your dog's head, BUCKLE it up, ADJUST the straps, and here you go! Grab the Top Handle for additional control. Lightweight and easy to clean
- 【 FULLY ADJUSTABLE 】- This adjustable harness features 4 easy Adjusting Straps around the body. You can use its 2 neck straps and 2 chest straps to create a Perfect Fit for your dog with some room of growth. No worries about slipping out or choking
- 【 SAFE AND COMFORTABLE 】- Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of durable Nylon Oxford and padded with Soft Cushion to protect your dog's skin. Breathable air mesh keeps your dog cool during outdoor activities. Super bright Reflective Strips ensure a SAFE walk both day and night
Rabbitgoo No Pull Pet Harness
While it probably has one of the weirder names on the market, it’s also one of the most popular harnesses around! It’s great for bigger dogs, and the manufacturer actually claims to have used Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes as a guide when designing it.
You can adjust the ring and position it anywhere if need be. Most dog owners should find that the default placement is ideal, however.
- Reflective tape built in
- Might not fit smaller dogs
- Could be rough
- Straps have to be carefully tightened to prevent slippage
Best for Small Dogs
- Medium Size,Chest Size: 21-25 Inches Neck Size: 17-19.5 Inches Weight 38-55 LBS
- COMFORTABLE SPONGE FILLED ANTI PULL effect dog harness for your best friend: no stress on dog's neck, no choke, ideal solution for dogs that pull with sponge filling comfortable and luxurious, perfectly designed for easy walking, jogging, running, hiking or even training
- Clips Around Both Your Pets Neck and Chest Allowing for The Harness To Be Both Easily Applied and Taken Off With ease
- Made with High quality breathable mesh material to keep your loving pet nic e and cool while keeping you in total control
- The Extra Handle on Top of This Harness Makes it Easier to Control and Walk Hard Pulling and Elderly Dogs
Copatchy No Pull Dog Harness
Copatchy’s harness comes in several different sizes, so you should be able to find one to fit your dog even if they’re tiny.
The XX-small size fits dogs with a 9½-inch chest size, so if you’re the type to have problems with even a three pound dog this should work really well. It’s ideal for small stature animals with a ton of energy!
For that matter, you could opt for one of their larger harnesses as your dog gets bigger. These offer all of the same advantages in a bigger size.
- Comes in six sizes
- Very comfortable
- Rotates slightly when walking
- Neck could slip
- Some owners think color is odd
Best for Training
- EASY TO OPERATE - All the dog vest harness for integral whole and having a handle at dog's upper back helps you maintain control and keep the dogs from pulling you down the street
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES -The dog vest harness leash connector D ring on the back is not only perfect to attach a seat belt to keep the dog safe during travel but also can make a regular leash tied in when you walk or riding easily
- EXCELLENT QUALITY - All the dog vest harness mades of highest quality nylon outside,nickel-plated hardware,thick material with soft padding underneath ,soft,breathable,make your pets comfortable and reduce weathering
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Having a adjustable locks buckle free switch locked and open also can earsily put on or take off the dog vest harness with your large size dog even you are a little woman
- MUST TO BUY - The dog vest harness mesh part offers total control,fashion style and comfort for every dog,make you and your pets enjoy the happy time everyday
Lifepul Vest Harness
Lifepul designed this harness specifically for dogs that may not have learned to walk particularly well. If you’re trying to retrain a dog, then it might be a great choice.
The extra padding also makes it an excellent choice for anyone with puppies who still pull in spite of everything you’ve tried to teach them! While most training harnesses are designed to be eventually replaced, you can continue to use Lifepul’s as long as it still fits your dog.
- Extra padding
- D-ring can be moved
- Comes with handle
- Lacks special features
- Some dogs can still pull with them
- May not tug enough
What size is right for my dog?
Most manufacturers specify sizes in terms of total weight, which doesn’t mean much of anything if you have a dog that happens to have a very thin or thick neck for their size. Check to make sure the collar you’re buying has a girth measurement.
Even though this might sound like an indication that your dog is overweight, it’s just a measurement of your dog’s diameter. Take a tape measure and gently hold it around their neck and midsection.
You’ll be able to find the right size collar this way in no time.
When is the best time to start using a no pull harness?
It’s always best to teach your dog basic commands first. In fact, probably around 80 percent of dogs will get their pulling down to a comfortable level just by teaching them these.
If you’re still having some issues but your dog is receptive to learning a few things, then try teaching them a couple of extra commands first. The extra instruction might prove to be enough motivation to get them to stop.
Once you’ve done a little more training and find you’re still having some issues, the time might be right for a no-pull harness. Some manufacturers make training harnesses, which you can start you dog on before you graduate to something bigger.
How much padding do you need?
Depending on the type of harness you get, you might not have to have padding because some are fitted well enough that your dog shouldn’t get any chaffing.
Trainers sometimes say that padding is a way to make up for a bad design, but this isn’t true either! Look for something with a little layer of sponge on the back.
You probably want around an ⅛-¼” or so. Much more than this might encourage your dog to slip out of the harness and get free in the process.