The Dremel Dog Nail Grinder is a device that allows you to trim your dog’s nails with the use of an electric rotary tool. The Dremel Dog Nail Grinder has many benefits such as being fast, painless and safe for dogs, but there are some drawbacks which will be discussed later in this blog post.
Note: If you click some of the links or pictures in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Top Pick
- Simple Disk Sanding Set
- Quick Stop First Aid Kit
- Replacement Sanding Disks
- Replacement Bands
- Can You Use a Dremel to Grind Dog Nails?
- Which Dremel Tool Is Best for Dog Nails?
- What Dremel Do Dog Groomers Use?
- Does Grinding a Dog’s Nails Hurt Them?
- How Do You Grind Overgrown Dog Nails?
The Dremel Paw Control Dog Nail Grinder and Trimmer is a top level nail grooming tool for your pet. The kit has been specially designed to give you all that you need to clip nails in a safe and humane manner. It comes with a 45 degree paw guide to make sure the angle is correct and to collect all of the dust.
- Easy to use, nail grooming kit solution – Provides a safe and gentle alternative to pet nail clippers or a dog nail file. The nail grinding kit includes everything novice and experienced groomers need to trim their pet's claws in the comfort of their home.
- Nail guard – Features a 45 degree paw guide for optimal nail trimming angle and dust collection. Reducing the risk of clipping the claws too short or hurting your pet.
- Multiple grooming options: 9 piece grooming accessory set, for multiple nail grinding options. Patented EZ twist nose cap makes accessory changes easy.
- Rechargeable battery: Never run out of power. With the 4-volt Lithium-Ion battery and convenient USB charger. The nail grinder is ready to groom when you are.
- Lightweight and portable - Cordless design and soft grip material gives you the confidence and freedom to groom anywhere.
- Comes with a specially designed 9 piece grooming accessory set
- 4-volt Lithium-Ion battery and convenient USB charger.
- Check to see if you need an adaptor to use the system in your country (Product comes from Mexico)
- Works best for small and medium, rather than larger, breeds
Simple Disk Sanding Set
The Dremel Pet Grooming Kit is an excellent new simple disk sanding set to groom your pet’s nails with. The set comes with 4 sanding disks whose speed can be adjusted to the level that best suits the needs of your pet. The unit is designed to run quietly and is fully battery operated.
- Pet nail grinder with sanding disc cover ensures the tool is safe to use
- Make the nail trimming experience for your pet stress-free, achieve a finer finish than professional dog nail clippers
- Speed setting can be easily adjusted on the tool itself
- Runs quietly to avoid startling animals
- Battery-operated: Can be used anywhere, whether at home or on the move
- Sanding disc cover ensures a lifetime of safe and efficient use
- Battery operated to allow you to use the tool in any location you choose
- Not quite as powerful as some other leading units
- Model is not rechargeable although you can simply switch out the batteries when necessary
Quick Stop First Aid Kit
The new Miracle Care Kwik Stop Styptic Solution is designed to give quick and effective first aid to your dog. It’s the perfect solution to use in the event of an accident with your dog nail grinder kit. It can also be used to stop bleeding in other situations. It comes backed with a full warranty from the maker.
- Quickly helps stop bleeding
- For minor cuts
- Tail dockings
- Complete First Aid Care program.
- Offers a complete first aid kit for your dog
- Good for minor injuries including tail docking
- Good for minor cuts rather than major injuries
- Shelf life is hard to ascertain
Replacement Sanding Disks
The new set of Dremel SD60-PGK EZ Lock Pet Nail Grooming Sanding Discs is the perfect compliment to the above listed dog grooming kits. The unit is specially sized to fit snugly inside the Dremel pet grooming nail guard. It also perfectly fits the EZ lock mandrel, enabling you to make quick changes to all of your accessories.
- Sized to fit inside the Dremel pet grooming nail guard
- Fits EZ lock mandrel for fast and easy accessory changes
- Can be used for general sanding purposes
- Ideal grit for pet nail grooming
The Dremel 432 1/2-Inch 120 Grit Sanding Bands is the perfect set of 6 replacement bands to use with the above listed dog grooming kits. The surface of each band is covered with aluminum oxide abrasive to give you fine 120 grit sanding. This will keep your dog nail groomer sharp and ready to use on any occasion.
- Ideal for rough-shaping and smoothing wood and fiberglass
- Removes rust from metal; shapes rubber surfaces
- Covered with aluminum oxide abrasive
- Features fine 120-grit sanding
- Measures 1/2 inch in thickness; pack of 6
Can You Use a Dremel to Grind Dog Nails?
A Dremel is a device that can be used to safely grind down a dog’s nails in a safe and convenient manner. You can use a regular Dremel although there are also a host of special pet Dremel units available on the market. Either one can be used in a very effective manner to keep your pet’s nails safely down to size.
In most cases, a regular Dremel is used by carpenters and craftsmen to sand surfaces down to a fine finish. This is useful in producing finely ground engravings or fittings for homes or other industrial uses.
Which Dremel Tool Is Best for Dog Nails?
Our top pick for the best Dremel tool for trimming your dog’s nails will be the
Dremel Paw Control Dog Nail Grinder and Trimmer. This is a kit that has been designed to clip nails in a safe and cost effective manner. The kit is equipped with a 45 degree paw guide to make the process simpler and quicker.
What Dremel Do Dog Groomers Use?
The majority of dog groomers that we have spoken to are currently using the new Dremel Pet Grooming Kit. This is the kit that groomers report obtaining excellent results from. It comes with 4 specially engineered sanding disks. The speed of each can be adjusted to the level that is safest for your pet.
One of the reasons that groomers really like this unit is because it is designed to run extremely quietly. This helps to keep your dog calm while sitting still for the grooming. The unit is battery operated, which allows a groomer to use the kit in any situation and any location that they choose.
Does Grinding a Dog’s Nails Hurt Them?
If you use the Dremel in the correct fashion, you won’t have to worry about hurting your dog. The secret is to use it at a low speed. You can experiment with the grinder on the lowest speed and then move it up to a level that your dog is comfortable with.
Don’t use the grinder for more than 4 seconds at a time. Make sure to keep it directly on the dog’s nails. This will make grinding a quick, easy, and painless experience for your dog.
How Do You Grind Overgrown Dog Nails?
The best way to trim your dog’s nails when they get too long is to use a portable dog grinding Dremel kit. Your best bet will be to use on the models listed above. These have been designed by industry experts to give you dog a quick, safe, and painless nail trimming experience.
Keep the Dremel close to your dog’s nails so that you can grind them as quickly and efficiently as possible. Don’t leave the Dremel on for more than 4 seconds at a time. Use the Dremel at a relatively low speed so that your dog won’t be alarmed and start to panic.