There are many dog monitoring cameras with treat dispensers available. They’re a great way to connect with your dog when the two of you are apart.
We’ve reviewed some of the dog monitoring cameras on the market, and made a list of the top 4 choices. This way, you can easily find the best one that meets your needs and makes your dog happy.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
What Is a Dog Monitoring Camera With Treat Dispenser?
Treat-dispensing monitoring cameras are innovative and interactive. They’re a great way to show your dog some TLC even when you’re far away. This is mainly done with the help of a two-way audio system.
Even though it may not be clear to you, your dog may have separation anxiety, just like you. They also get bored if they’re stuck at home alone. When pets feel this way, they release stress by wrecking your furniture.
That’s why these cameras are so helpful. They’re not meant to be a replacement for your face-to-face interactions with your dog. But they’re a good way to keep your best friend occupied and content until you get home.
It’s important to note that pet cameras are a type of smart home device that connects to Wi-Fi, so it’s vital that you try to reduce the risk of your privacy being compromised in any way.
Why Use A Dog Camera?
Many dog owners like seeing how their pets are doing when they’re out at work or with family or friends. It also gives your dog treats, which they always love. Plus, they’ll really enjoy hearing your voice or even video chatting with you.
Other pet owners may have other reasons for owning a two-way pet camera. Some of these reasons include:
- keep an eye on a sick pet
- act as a training aid
- Keep an eye out for bad behavior
- get him up and moving
- get rid of boredom
Best Features of Dog Monitor Cameras
Dog cameras have many practical aspects to them. Here are a few of the features to consider when you’re buying dog monitoring cameras.
This is one of the best features. It reduces your pooch’s separation anxiety and stress levels. Two-way cameras can be used as training tools when your dog responds to your voice commands.
Most dog cameras are either for inside your home or outside. However, there are several that are designed for both.
Setting up a dog monitoring camera isn’t just for keeping an eye on your dog when you’re away from home. If you have a yard where your dog can safely play, these cameras can help you track your dog’s behavior as he’s outside.
What happens if it gets dark before you get home? Some pet cameras have a night vision feature. It’s a convenient safety feature, which can also come in handy when the power goes out, or on stormy, dark days.
Choosing The Best Spot
Your dog may have a limited space to move around in. If that’s the case, it’ll be easy to pick a certain spot where you know where your pooch spends most of his time.
On the other hand, if there’s a big area where he can roam freely, why not invest in a camera that moves along with him? Cameras can be programmed to scan your home at certain times and at certain angles to make sure your pooch isn’t getting into any trouble.
The Top 4 Dog Monitoring Cameras with Treat Dispensers
There are many treat-dispensing pet cameras with various designs and features. That’s why we’ve narrowed them to the best 4 options.
Furbo – Best Overall
- 1080p Full HD Camera & Night Vision: livestream video to monitor your pet on your phone with a 160-degree wide-angle view, day & night.
- 2-Way Audio & BARKING ALERT: Furbo’s BARKING SENSOR detects when your dog is barking. It sends push notifications to your smartphone when it detects barking. Know what’s going on at home and talk to calm them down via the app.
- Fun TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free Furbo iOS/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
- Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug in to a power outlet using its USB cord 2) download the Furbo app 3) connect to your home wifi.
- Stable internet connection & Wifi signal are recommended for best performance.
The Furbo is full of great features. its full HD camera gives a crisp image, plus it has night vision. Its wide-angle boasts of a 160-degree viewing angle with 4x zoom capability. The Furbo also has a night vision feature.
This dog camera has two-way audio with both a microphone and speaker system. Plus, it alerts you when your dog is barking.
Use the free Furbo app on either Android or iOS to toss treats to your dog by pushing a button on your smartphone. You can use almost any type of treat; just make sure their diameter is 0.4 inches or smaller.
For an extra monthly fee, you can have access to bark alerts, as well as human intruder detection. Did you know this camera can also take selfies of your dog if he’s looking straight into the camera? Another of Furbo’s fun features, but it’s only available with a monthly subscription.
- Free-standing camera
- 160-degree wide-angle lens
- 4x zoom
- Compatible with Alexa’s Echo or Dot
- Some users complained the Furbo app can be hard to manage
- Is a bit pricey
WOPET – Best Price
- FUN TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free WOPET/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: livestream video to monitor your pet with a wide-angle view,that functions even in pitch black, without disturbing those being monitored. It also features an intelligent system to ensure clear and high-quality images day and night.
- TWO-WAY AUDIO:Built-in advanced microphone and speaker for clear two-way audio conversations. let you listen, talk and reward your pet's favorite snack or play & interact with your pet anytime, anywhere,Not only can you see what's happening at home, but also send voice commands, scare off intruders and talk with loved ones, even when you're away.
- OPERATING TIPS - Suitable for dry food only.Compatible with iOS 7.0 or Android 5.0 and above. IMPORTANT - Your home WiFi network needs to be a 2.4GHz frequency in order for the dog camera treat to work.(5Ghz currently not supported)
- Power supply: power adapter. Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug in to a power outlet using its USB cord 2)download the WOPET app 3) connect to your home WIFI.Provide a interesting living for your pet with our WOpet Pet Camera Dog Treat Dispenser!24-hour professional service center and 365 day technical support
The WOPET features a full 720p HD camera with 4x zoom. it also has night vision. it offers a wide-angle view to give you crisp and clear images. This dog camera has a two-way audio system for interacting with your dog while you’re away.
The WOPET works via a power outlet. The app is available on both Android and iOS. You can set it up using the app and register your email. It’s compatible with Alexa for more fun options.
It’s easy to set up. All you have to do is plug it in, download the app and you’re ready to go.
- Compatible with Alexa
- 4x zoom
- Works only with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band
SKYMEE Owl Robot – Best Performance
- Manual Driving & Smart Interaction: Remote control Owl Robot via app to cruise at home and track pets for a fun hide and seek game. Automatically triggers multiple action modes by infrared sensing to interact with your pet and make it more active.
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: 1080p Full HD Pet Camera with 4x zoom and night vision, you will be able to see your pet clearly day and night, save high quility images or video, and control Owl Robot flexibly.
- Treat Tossing & 2-way Audio: You can make Owl Robot moves and leaves a snack route to lure your curious pet. While it is naughty or anxious, you can comfort it by instant voice and dispense favorite treats(size of 4mm-16mm) to make it happy.
- PIR Detection & TF Recording: Owl Robot will automatically react by be tounched and detects pet behavior. And video can also be recorded automatically after installing TF card(no included). Help you monitor your home situation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- More details: Long battery life for 8 hours of continuous use. Two connection modes make the use more friendly. Even if your phone doesn't have a network, you can still use the owl in AP mode (remote control need home 2.4G wifi,not compatible with 5G wifi)
The SKYMEE is an innovative way to keep an eye on your dog. It has a camera, tosses treats, and rolls around to get your dog to get up and move.
On top of that, it boasts of a 1080p HD camera with an extra-wide 160-degree viewing angle. There’s also a night vision feature and a 4x zoom. All these features come at a reasonable price.
What makes this dog camera stand out from the others? It can cruise around your home and interact with your dog. it can also leave treats as it moves around. Make sure your treats are 4 mm – 16 mm in size.
If you place a TF card, the camera will automatically start recording. A great feature is it can work via AP mode if you’re using it with an internet connection.
- 160-degree wide-angle lens
- Long-life battery
- AP mode for indoor use
- Wi-Fi only supports 2.4 GHz
Petcube Bites 2 – Best Smart Home Capabilities
- 🎥 Ultimate pet monitoring – With Petcube Bites Wi-Fi pet camera, watch your pet with 1080p full HD video, 160° ultra-wide angle view, and night vision. See up close with 4x zoom. 🔊Hear & speak with high-quality 2-way audio.
- 🚀Quick 2-minute setup – Petcube Bites 2 is the only pet camera to support 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi connections. iOS 11 and higher, Android 7.1.2 and higher are required.
- 🍖Treat your pet remotely – Toss treats short, medium, or long distance or schedule automatic treat dispensing via the free Petcube app. Supports a wide range of dry, crunchy dog and cat treats. 1. 5 lbs treat capacity.
- 🔔 Smart sound & motion alerts – Real-time notifications tell you when your pet is active and you need to check in.
- 🎶 Built-in Alexa assistant – Play music, answer questions, hear the news, control smart home devices, order your pet’s favourite treats, and more — all via your Bites 2 smart pet cam. Voice assistant functionality is optional.
The Petcube 138-degree HD camera supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi. It also has night vision, making it one of the best high-tech dog cameras available today.
You can program it to dispense treats with the push of a button on your smartphone while you’re at work. The best part is that it works with all kinds and sizes of kibble and treats.
The two-way full-duplex sound gives clear and crisp audio so you can interact with your dog. Petcube allows you to share live feeds with family and friends, so they can also keep an eye out on your pooch.
For a monthly subscription, you can get access to additional features. One feature is that it can alert you when your dog starts barking. It can also detect human intruders.
- Supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands
- Can be programmed to dispense treats at certain times and various distances
- Built-in Alexa
- Is a bit expensive
- Monthly subscription required for the more practical features
- The power cord can be bulky
Your pooch deserves the best dog monitoring camera with treat dispenser out there.
Our top pick is the Furbo. It has many useful and fun features, such as tossing treats and night vision. It gives you high-quality images and clear audio.
Are you looking for a great treat-dispensing camera for your dog, but need something a little less pricey? Then your best choice is the WOPET. It’s easy to set up, and offers a variety of practical and high-tech features.