Looking for the best DogCare shock collars? In this article we’ll cover some of the top models sold by the Dog Care brand. These collars are designed to aid with dog training and not to be used as a form of GPS or wireless fence system.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The Top 4 Dog Care Shock Collars
Training Note – These collars may default at the 99 shock level. Please turn them down to beep first. See if your dog pays attention when you apply the beep. If not try vibration. Keep moving up one step at a time till they pay attention when you press the button. If they yelp or get very stressed you went too far. Dial it down. Again, always be thoughtful of your dog and apply the minimum correction level needed.
You can sum up this model pretty easily. The small amount you pay will pale in comparison to the $4,000 you’d pay a professional trainer.
Based on the mountains of reviews (over 20,000 at the time of this article), this model is super popular and makes tons of sales. That means it works and new people come over and are willing to try it.
Dog Training Collar - Rechargeable Dog Shock Collar with Beep, Vibration and Shock Training Modes, Rainproof, Long Remote Range, Adjustable Shock Levels Shock Collars for Dogs with Remote
- Multiple training modes dog shock collar with remote. Dogcare electronic dog training collar with remote provides 3 efficient and safe training modes (beep, vibration and shock modes) for you to teach a dog basic obedience commands and solve uncontrollable dog's behaviour problems
- Less accidental shock. Have you ever feel sorry for the accidental shock to your dog caused by your misoperation? Now with the DOG CARE shock collars for dogs with remote, no more accidental shock would happen to your dog. The security keypad lock prevent any misoperation on the remote. Feel easy to carry the remote without worrying about the accidental shock
- More channels maximum control. Unlike other training collar for up to 2 dogs training. Dogcare Dog Training Collar supports 9 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter. If you have more than 2 dogs in your house, dog remote shock collar waterproof would be a wonderful option for you
- Adjustable static levels and strap size. Do you fear to hurt your dog in Shock Mode? Dogcare Dog Training Collar offers adjustable 0~99 static level for you. You can adjust the accurate static level for your dog. Also this dog training shock collars for dogs with remote is size adjustable. Wonderful for 15lbs~100lbs size dogs
- Long remote range and battery life training collar for dogs effective training. Wireless control for up to 330 yards remote range. Feel easy to train your dog with Dogcare Electronic Dog Training Collar with remote in the park or backyard. Long battery life ensure you an effective dog training
What We Like
- Swimmable – Your dog can swim with this IF you use the rubber covers over the correction ports and you don’t have them go under water or stay in the water for too long.
- Vibration or Shock modes for different styles of training
- 1,000 feet of range
- Great battery life
- Easy to use and understand
- Collar is made of webbing which is cooler in hot climates
- Beep, vibration, or static correction (shock) modes
- Lock on the side prevents accidentally pushing the button and delivering a correction
- Great for training pit bulls not to lunge, for large dogs not to jump on counters, and more
- Much cheaper than the $1,000 – $4,000 you might have to spend on a professional trainer. Get trained to use these yourself first.
What We Don’t Like
- Vague instructions (don’t expect training instructions in the manual!)
- Remote is a bit bulky
DOG CARE Dog Training Collar - Dog Shock Collar w/3 Training Modes, Beep, Vibration and Shock, Rainproof Training Collar, Up to 1000Ft Remote Range, Adjustable Shock Levels Dog Training Set
- 3 Training Modes Training Collar - Dog Care dog training collar features 3 extremely efficient and safe training modes (beep, vibration and shock modes) for you to teach a dog basic obedience commands and solve an uncontrollable dog's behaviour problem. NOTE: Not suitable for swimming
- No More Accidental Shock - Have you ever felt sorry for the accidental shock to your dog caused by your misoperation? Now with the shock collar for dogs, no more accidental shock would happen to your dog. The security keypad lock prevents any misoperation on the remote. Feel free to carry the remote without worrying about the accidental shock
- 9 Channels Maximum Control - Unlike other training collars for a maximum of 2 dogs training, DOG CARE dog training collar supports a maximum of 9 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter. If you have more than 2 dogs, Dog shock collar with remote would be an option for you
- 0-99 Shock Level Adjustable for All Size Dogs - Do you fear to hurt your dog in Static Mode? Dog CARE dog training collar provides adjustable 0-99 shock level for you. You can adjust the accurate shock level for your dog. Also, this dog shock collar with remote is size adjustable. Suitable for all sized dogs (15lbs ~ 100lbs)
- Up to 330 Yards Remote Range and Long Battery Life - Wireless control for up to 330 yards remote range. Feel comfortable to train your dog with shock collar for dogs in the park or backyard. Long-lasting rechargeable, lithium-ion battery life ensures effective dog training
What We Like
- Same 3 training modes – beep, vibration, shock – You can easily set it to the minimum to get the training you need. Shock isn’t required (for some dogs)
- Locked keypads – no more accidental shocks
- Finely adjustable – Able to find the perfect beep, vibration or correction level for dogs from 15 lbs up to 100 lbs or more.
What We Don’t Like
- Essentially the same as the other model, except this one is blue.
- Not swimmable? – Not exactly a deal killer but we wanted to point this out. If you want a model they can swim with see the one above and follow the guidelines on swimming. Some users of this model reported their dog can swim with it but the manufacturer specially noted for use in the rain, not swimming.
This model is the same as the ones above; however, it comes bundled with two receivers. That gives you the ability to train two dogs at once.
Do note that it only has one transmitter. That means both collars are triggered when you press the button.
You want to use this setup with commands for both dogs at the same time:
You need to be sure both dogs are within hearing range for your command. It can get a bit tricky but this is great value for the money.
If two dogs at once is a problem simply train one dog at a time. Then when both of them understand the collar use it in a small yard or area where they can both see and hear you easily.
Later, you can use this system in larger areas or on longer walks or hikes.
DOG CARE Dog Training Collar - Rechargeable Dog Shock Collar with Beep Vibration Shock Training Modes, Rainproof Training Collar, Large Remote Range, Adjustable Shock Levels Training Set with Remote
- Multiple Training Modes Dog Remote Shock Collar - Dogcare Dog Training Collar provides extremely efficient and safe training modes (beep, vibration and shock.)You could use this dog collar for training, playing or teaching your dog some basic obedience commands. What's more, you could solve uncontrollable dog's behavior problems with this dog training collar
- No more accidental press - Have you ever feel sorry for the accidental warning to your dog caused by your misoperation? Now with the Dogcare remote dog shock collar, no more accidental press would happen to your dog. The security keypad lock of shock collar for dogs prevents any misoperation on the remote. Feel safe to carry the remote without worrying about the accidental warning
- Training your dogs simultaneously - Unlike other dog collar for maximum 2 dogs training. Dogcare Training Collar supports maximum 9 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter. If you have more than 2 dogs in your house, Dogcare rechargeable dog collar would be your ideal choice
- Adjustable for various size dogs and rainproof design - This dog training collar with remote is size adjustable，suitable for dog’ s size from 15lbs to100lbs. The training collar receiver is made of IPX65 material, which provides your pets with maximum flexibility during outdoor activities (Note: Please take the receiver off when your dog needs swimming and bathing)
- Large remote range and long battery life - DOGCARE dog shock collar with remote for large dogs has wireless control for up to 330 yards remote range. Feel easy to train your dog with Dogcare shock collar for dogs with remote in the park or backyard. Long battery life ensures you an effective dog training
This automatic bark collar sends a vibration or static correction when your dog starts barking.
Note – Even though this is an “automatic” collar you should not use it 24/7. Use it carefully and adjust settings for the first 3 days. If after 3 days your dog doesn’t understand not to bark then you may need to try other training methods.
Dog Care Dog Bark Collar - Effective Bark Collar for Dogs Sound Vibration & Automatic Shock Modes Training Collar w/LED Indicator Easy to Use Dog Shock Collars
- Great bark collar with 2 humane training mode - Are you tired of barking? This anti bark collar gives you chances to choose 2 extremely efficient training modes for your stubborn dog. The provided vibration and shock options are good enough to correct your dog’s uncontrollable barking behaviors. By pressing a single button, you can easily switch these two safe and useful modes to train your dog to stop barking under different occasions
- Amazing bark collar with 5 sensitivity levels - Extremely easy to set the sensitivity level to fit your dog well! This DOG CARE bark collar has 5 smart sensitivity levels that you can customize the suitable sensitivity level for your dog. Specifically, the sensitivity refers to how loud barking is, but not the shock level. With cutting-edge technology, this anti barking collar for dogs can intelligently recognize the barking style and sound of your dog
- Automatic bark collar without remote control - You no longer have to worry about frequent remote control to solve your dog’s serious barking problems. You can also feel relieved to change your dog’s bad behaviors if you are busy with work or lack professional training knowledge. This bark control collar can instead of you help teach your dog to stop barking with automatic detection and low voltage
- Safe bark collar with smart protection - Using this vibrating bark collar, keep your baby away from danger! With good-designed auto-off protection function, you will never feel sorry for accidental shock to your dear dog. When the bark is within 0. 8in of the collar and the sound exceeds 113 dB, the shock works on your dog. After activating 7 working status, our bark collar will automatically go into standby which can protect your dog from harm
- Durable bark collar with long battery life and adjustable strap - Our no bark collar is of excellent quality and low power consumption. The battery lifespan of the shock collar is up to 7 days which can completely satisfy your needs during vacation. Besides, the strap of our bark collar can be flexibly adjusted from 8.8" to 20.8" to fit all size dogs. The material use is of good durability which can resist your dog’s prolonged sabotage
What We Like
- Vibration setting for easily trained dogs (or to start a slightly longer training period to get them used to the collar)
- Static correction setting for dogs that ignore the beep
- Uses a progressive system – starts with beep then vibration then static correction
- Automatically responds to your dog barking – no need to watch them or press any buttons
- No more citations from the city for noise violations
- Includes safety feature where it stops vibration or correction even after 1 minute of barking
What We Don’t Like
- It’s not perfect – not all dogs get it. It doesn’t have the fine tune adjustments you can make with the other Dog Care collars that require manual training.
- Needs a rechargeable battery – you’ll have to change out the batteries on this unit when they run out of juice
Replacement Dog Care Collar and Other Parts
This is just a replacement collar for the Dog Care shock collar system. Use the instructions to pair it with your current transmitter.
Dog Training Collar Receiver - Dogcare Rechargeable Shock Collar Receiver, Training Collar with Adjustable Collar Dog
- Vibration, beep, static traning mode- Dogcare remote training collar receiver with 3 training modes can help you train your dog in a more efficient way. The dog training receiver includes vibration, beep and static correction training mode. Just choose the corresponding training mode for your dogs based on different scenarios
- Rechargeable training receiver- The Dogcare dog shock collar receiver is built in a 250mAh battery. Motion sensor inside the training collar receiver allows the receiver to automatically turn on once it detect the motion, which is easy to use
- Rainproof shock collar- The training collar receiver provides your pets with maximum flexibility during outdoor activities. Please take the receiver off when your dog needs swimming and bathing. Besides, the collar receiver is made of durable ABS, strong enough to withstand any movement with your dog
- Size adjustable collar for dogs - Allow you to adjust the size of dog training collar for your lovely dog accordingly
- Large remote range and easy to connect- Easily sync the Dogcare dog training collar receiver with Dogcare dog training collar remote, then you can start to train you dog and just let your dog enjoy the long distance running
To get a new transmitter you’ll need to contact the manufacturer directly or buy a new transmitter/collar combo.
The webbing material is the same webbing you can buy for camping equipment.
Training a Dog to Come When Called Using an E-Collar
The following quick video shows you how to use your e-collar or shock collar to train your dog to come when you call.
Do Shock Collars Hurt A Dog?
They can if they are set to high. Read the instructions and get proper training so you can set the level correctly.
The Dog Care model can be set to beep, vibration, and static corrections up to level 99. Level 99 is painful for just about any dog (or person if you test it on yourself).
We recommend always starting using the beep setting. You want to use the minimum setting to get your dogs attention with causing yelping, pain, or high anxiety. Heads and ears up is enough to tell you that the setting is working and you can progress with training.
What’s The Difference Between A Shock Collar, and E-Collar, And A Vibration Collar?
Training collars come with three forms of correction. They can beep, create a small vibration, or provide a static correction (shock). The Dog Care brand highlighted in this article can do all three. A shock collar will at least provide a static correction (shock) if not also have beep and vibration modes. An e-collar (electric collar) is really just a nicer name for a shock or vibration collar. A vibration collar primarily provides a vibration and shouldn’t have a shock feature.
These names are used pretty interchangeably. Before you get any e-collar we recommend you read the description (and reviews) thoroughly to ensure you’re getting what you expect. Again, the Dog Care system can do all three.
How Do I Turn the Collar On and Off?
Twist the on/off dial on the upper left side to turn the unit on or off. See full instructions for Dog Care shock collar systems here.
What’s the Difference Between Positive Reinforcement and Negative Reinforcement?
Both positive and negative reinforcement use the following basic steps:
- Command or Trigger
- Habit or Trick
The only difference is the reward. With positive reinforcement the reward is usually treats or praise given after they do the behavior (or a small piece of the behavior desired).
With negative reinforcement the reward is usually removing a negative stimulus. For example say you want to train your dog to come using negative reinforcement via a Dog Care shock collar. First you’ll do the command or hand movement as the trigger (e.g. say “Come here”), then you’ll apply the beep, vibration, or static correction. Once they turn around to face you you turn off the beep. The removes the “negative” which is the reward for the dog.
You can even combine negative reinforcement with positive reinforcement. See the video below on “come here” training for an example. After each successful round the owner provides praise (positive reinforcement) after letting go of the vibration button (negative reinforcement).
For more info on shock collar training see our article on the benefits and how to of negative reinforcement training.