A dog camera with a treat dispenser is an interactive device that you can usually remote control from afar.
The camera allows you to watch your dogs and see what they’re up to no matter where you are. Read on, if you’re looking for the best dog camera treat thrower available out there!
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top Picks
If you’re in a hurry or you’re looking for quick recommendations, here’s a summary list with the best dog camera treat thrower:
- Best all-round: Petcube Bites 2 Wi-Fi Pet Camera with Treat Dispenser
- Best value for money: Vbroad Smart Pet Camera Treat Dispenser
- Best for interaction with your dog: SKYMEE Owl Robot Camera with Treat Dispenser
- Budget-friendly option: Iseebiz Smart Dog Camera Treat Dispenser
- Premium Pick: PetChatz HDX Dog Camera Treat Thrower
Top 6 Dog Camera Treat Thrower Reviews
With all the new products with a different set of features in each one of them, choosing the right one for you might not be an easy task.
The following list contains a brief overview of some of the best options that you can opt for in the market. Here’s what they have to offer.
Petcube Bites 2 Wi-Fi Pet Camera with Treat Dispenser
- 🎥 Ultimate pet monitoring – With Petcube Bites Wi-Fi pet camera, watch your pet with 1080p full HD video, 160° ultra-wide angle view, and night vision. See up close with 4x zoom. 🔊Hear & speak with high-quality 2-way audio.
- 🚀Quick 2-minute setup – Petcube Bites 2 is the only pet camera to support 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi connections. iOS 11 and higher, Android 7.1.2 and higher are required.
- 🍖Treat your pet remotely – Toss treats short, medium, or long distance or schedule automatic treat dispensing via the free Petcube app. Supports a wide range of dry, crunchy dog and cat treats. 1. 5 lbs treat capacity.
- 🔔 Smart sound & motion alerts – Real-time notifications tell you when your pet is active and you need to check in.
- 🎶 Built-in Alexa assistant – Play music, answer questions, hear the news, control smart home devices, order your pet’s favourite treats, and more — all via your Bites 2 smart pet cam. Voice assistant functionality is optional.
Starting the list with one of the best doggie cameras around. Petcube Bites 2 is one of the fastest-growing pet cameras on the market. It combines premium quality and features that give the best selling competitors a run for their money.
Similar to Furbo’s camera, this one is also compatible with Alexa. However, it has the system already built into it.
Petcube Bites 2 has a wide lens camera of about 180 degrees. Coupled with 1080p resolution quality and night vision, you’ll enjoy one of the best video quality experiences around.
Moreover, the device has a high-quality microphone with 4 different arrays to provide you with authentic sound. While trying these features in a 2-way call, you’ll be impressed by how crisp it is.
As for tossing the treats. The device has a large 1.5-liter hopper that you can fill with any treats. The opening is wide enough, so you won’t have to worry about the size of the treats you choose.
If you’re so busy that you can’t even check on your dog through the mobile app, Petcube Bites 2 allows you to share the stream with anyone you want.
What We Like
- Impressive video and audio quality
- Tosses different sizes of treats
- Allow you to schedule automated treat tossings
- Supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless routers
What We Don’t Like
- Doesn’t come with a user manual, making it a bit tricky to set up
Overall, with features like stream sharing and scheduling treats, it’s an ideal device if for anyone who’s on a heavy workload
Furbo Dog Camera Treat Thrower
- 1080p Full HD Camera & Night Vision: livestream video to monitor your pet on your phone with a 160-degree wide-angle view, day & night.
- 2-Way Audio & BARKING ALERT: Furbo’s BARKING SENSOR detects when your dog is barking. It sends push notifications to your smartphone when it detects barking. Know what’s going on at home and talk to calm them down via the app.
- Fun TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free Furbo iOS/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
- Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug in to a power outlet using its USB cord 2) download the Furbo app 3) connect to your home wifi.
- Stable internet connection & Wifi signal are recommended for best performance.
Furbo’s dog camera is one of the ideal options that provide an all-round perfect device to interact with your dog.
What makes Furbo’s camera special is that it’s a feature-packed camera for those who are looking for a device that can do it all. The device itself looks nice and doubles as a decorative piece in your house.
The camera streams at a Full HD 1080p quality and a wide viewing angle of about 160 degrees. This viewing angle is enough to monitor the whole room where the device is placed. The camera is also equipped with night vision, which is great for night shift workers.
Since the camera features a microphone and a speaker, you’ll be able to communicate with your dog through two-way calls. Also, the device can be paired with Alexa, so you can command easily.
However, the device comes with a mobile app that you can use to access all its features. You can use the app to play catch or toss a treat to your pet.
While some users complained about the app being a bit difficult to use, the majority of people didn’t have a hard time dealing with it.
Unfortunately, some of the features require a monthly subscription, such as bark alerts and cloud recording.
What We Like
- High definition camera with a wide viewing angle
- Compatible with Amazon’s Alexa
- Decorative design
What We Don’t Like
- Some of the free features are now within a monthly subscription
Overall, it’s a great product for anyone who wants valuable features in one package. However, you should be prepared to pay for them after the 90-days trial period.
Iseebiz Smart Dog Camera Treat Dispenser
- ➤【Upgraded App】【Convenient Fun Treat Tossing】 Toss a treat to your dog or cat remotely via the free app (“Iseefeeder”in Google Play and Apple App Store) wherever you are whenever you want. Fill in your fur kid’s favorite treats (only dry food) and play the game “catch me if you can”.
- ➤【Upgraded 1080P Camera】【See, Talk, Listen, Play and Share】 With the 1080P camera, you could see your pet clearly, take photos and record videos anytime anywhere; talk to your pet and hear his/her sound through the app; share your account to your family to log in at the same time so that you could see your pet with your family, stay connected with your fur kid when you are not at home.
- ➤【Easy 2-Min Setup with Video Guidance】 1) plug in to a power outlet using its USB cord 2) download the Iseefeeder app 3) connect to your 2.4GHz home Wi-Fi network (not support 5GHz). Add voice control by combining with an Alexa device, add Iseebiz to your Alexa skills, ask Alexa to toss a treat to your fur kid when you are home.
- ➤【Suctions Cups + Hanging Holes】 When tossing the treat to your fur kid, he/she may come to knock down this treat dispenser to get more food, the suction cups could make it stand still on flat and smooth surface, no need to drill holes to fix, easy to remove. You could also hang the pet cam on the wall, easy for you to get the right angle to monitor your fur kid and shoot the treats further.
- ➤【Easy Get App】At the request of customers, we released the new app "Iseefeeder" in Google Play and Apple app store, "Iseebiz" in amazon Appstore. You could still also install the "Iseebiz" in Apple app store. Watch and play with your fur kid anytime anywhere.
If you’re on a budget, you can still offer your dog a long-distance love and care without compromising on quality.
Iseebiz dog camera is a surprisingly good doggie camera that also dispenses treats. The device is easy to set up and use. However, you should know that the device supports 2.4 GHz wireless connections only.
It has a 720p camera with a night vision that supports up to 165 degrees of viewing angle. In fact, the device is also compatible with Alexa and has microphones and a speaker for two way calls.
You can also use the free Android or iOS app to record 10-second voice records to interact with your dog. The device is a bit bulky but it’s rugged and has suction cups on the bottom to keep it stable.
What We Like
- An excellent option for buyers on a budget
- Backed with a one-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Easy to set up and use
What We Don’t Like
- The device supports 2.4 GHz routers only
Overall, if you’re trying to keep in touch with your pooch without poking a hole in your wallet, Iseebiz is your way to go.
SKYMEE Owl Robot: Mobile Pet Camera with Treat Dispenser
- Manual Driving & Smart Interaction: Remote control Owl Robot via app to cruise at home and track pets for a fun hide and seek game. Automatically triggers multiple action modes by infrared sensing to interact with your pet and make it more active.
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: 1080p Full HD Pet Camera with 4x zoom and night vision, you will be able to see your pet clearly day and night, save high quility images or video, and control Owl Robot flexibly.
- Treat Tossing & 2-way Audio: You can make Owl Robot moves and leaves a snack route to lure your curious pet. While it is naughty or anxious, you can comfort it by instant voice and dispense favorite treats(size of 4mm-16mm) to make it happy.
- PIR Detection & TF Recording: Owl Robot will automatically react by be tounched and detects pet behavior. And video can also be recorded automatically after installing TF card(no included). Help you monitor your home situation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- More details: Long battery life for 8 hours of continuous use. Two connection modes make the use more friendly. Even if your phone doesn't have a network, you can still use the owl in AP mode (remote control need home 2.4G wifi,not compatible with 5G wifi)
SKYMEE Owl Robot is one of a kind device. Unlike other devices on the list. This one has wheels that you can control remotely to play with your dog.
The robot also has infrared motion sensors that detect your dog, helping the robot to interact with it.
The device has a 1080p Full HD camera with a zoom and night vision. Also, it supports two-way calls and has a treat thrower that leaves snacks behind to keep your dog engaged while playing.
The device can interact with the dog when it’s touched and it has a long battery life of about 8 hours, so you can make sure that your dog is having fun throughout your work shift.
The robot is kids-friendly with no edges or sharp corners, so you won’t have to worry about that as well.
What We Like
- A unique way of playing with your dog remotely
- Long battery life for a full day of fun
- Has a Full HD camera and supports two-way audio calls
What We Don’t Like
- Extra-excited dogs can damage the robot
- Has a loud “battery low” indicator that beeps every minute
Overall, this robot is an excellent way to keep your dog entertained. In fact, you can even benefit even if you’re in the house, such as taking a nap.
PetChatz HDX Dog Camera Treat Thrower
- DIGITAL DAYCARE: Our pets have become accustomed to their Mom/Dad around 24/7 during these unprecedented times. When pet parents head back to the office, stay connected to your home-alone pet with PetChatz.
- NEW & IMPROVED DESIGN: PetChatz HDX is the third and most advanced generation of PetChatz. HDX offers a new wide-angle 1080p video streaming camera, better low light video performance, and stronger Wi-Fi connectivity compatible with 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
- SAFE FOR PETS: Each unit is made in the USA with no corners, no edges, and no cords to chew. The unit can be safely mounted to your wall (100lb Pressure Test), directly on a kennel, or on the PetChatz Stand (sold separately).
- MORE THAN A TREAT CAM: Designed by top pet experts to enable remote love and care for the home alone pet. Controlled from anywhere using an iOS/Android app or desktop computer. U.S.-based white-glove customer care can be reached at (855) - 444-6544.
- INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE: An interactive experience with two-way video chats, treat dispense, calming aromatherapy, brain (treat) games, pet to parent messaging (PawCall) and entertainment with DOGTV (DOGTV subscription required). PawCall Sold Separately.
While PetChatz HDX is on the far end of the price scale, it offers groundbreaking features that you may not find elsewhere.
For example, PetChatz HDX is one of the few devices on the market that supports two-way calls on both 1080p video and audio. This allows you to enjoy a video call with your doggo for extra soothing.
You can also buy the PetChatz PawCall button. This one allows your dog to press their paws on a button to send you a notification to call your dog. You can easily train your dogs to press the button on their own.
Additionally, the device has impressive aromatherapy that helps in calming down your dog and alleviating his or her separation anxiety.
What We Like
- Aromatherapy to calm down your dog
- Has a wide variety of games and streams DogTV
- Has 2-way video for a video call
- Multiple freebies
What We Don’t Like
- premium price tag
Overall, PetChatz HDX is a luxurious dog camera that’s ideal for anyone who doesn’t mind spending some extra bucks to enjoy a top-of-the-shelf product.
Vbroad Smart Pet Camera Treat Dispenser
- Wide-angle HD 2.4G WIFI Camera Night Vision: With Dogness WiFi pet camera, capture and record every precious moments for your pets from your mobile device. By the HD 720P video, 165° wide angle view and night vision, you can always keep receiving the most useful information about your dog day and night freely.
- Fun Pet Treat Dispenser: From the Dogness dog camera App, treats at varying distances, which keeps your pet entertained for hours. Just fill it with your pets’ favorite treats, play a game of fun and reward them for good behavior. Compatible with a variety of dry, crunchy dog and cat treats less than 0.6 inches diameter. Up to 0.4L treat capacity.
- Two-Way Audio: Keep in touch with your pets via remote pet monitor anytime. Dogness pet camera with two-way audio let you hear and talk to your pets. And when they are restless, calm them down, as if you are with them.
- Instant Social Sharing & Video Recording: Captures adorable moments in your dog’s day and share on social media. Download the camera video recorded and snapshots to creates a highlight reel, keep the precious memory for you.
- Easy set up Dogness APP: 1. Plug in to a power outlet using its USB cord; 2. Download the Dogness APP; 3. Connect to your home wifi, start the smart dog camera treat dispenser. Compatible with Android 5.0 system or above / iOS 7.0 system or above. ( Note: only support for 2.4GHz WiFi network )
Lastly, if you’re looking for a good doggie camera with a great treat dispenser that won’t cost you a fortune, you should check this one out.
Unlike some devices on the list, this one doesn’t support Amazon’s Alexa. So, if you don’t mind that, Vbroad is a good choice to save some bucks.
However, you’ll still enjoy a decent video quality with an impressive wide view of about 165 degrees. Also, the device has night vision capabilities.
The camera streams at a resolution of 720p which exceeded our expectations. However, the sound quality wasn’t as perfect but was good enough to enjoy a two-way call with your doggo.
The treat hopper is about 0.4 liter and you can fill it with a variety of treat sizes and types. You can also adjust the tossing distance to keep your dog entertained for a long time.
What We Like
- You can toss different treats at varying distance
- Great video quality with an ultra-wide viewing angle
- Easy to set up and use
What We Don’t Like
- Doesn’t support Alexa
Overall, Vbroad might be a great choice if you’re just looking for a simple dog camera with a treat thrower that does these two jobs perfectly.
What is a Dog Camera with a Treat Thrower?
Unlike regular monitoring cameras, these ones are specifically made for the purpose of monitoring your dogs.
With the treat dispensing feature, you can also interact with your dog remotely and throw him or her a good boy treat.
Dog cameras can provide either a wide-angle view or rotation, allowing you to follow your dog in the room if you place it right. These cameras use the wifi connection to pair with your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
In addition to monitoring and treat throwing, a lot of manufacturers added innovative features to let you interact better with your doggo. For example, some cameras also feature bark alert notifications and audio chat with your dog.
Who Would Benefit from a Dog Camera?
For a lot of people, taking a 5-minute break to interact with our pets is highly therapeutic. While anyone that has a dog can benefit from dog cameras, there’s a group of people who would specifically enjoy these cool inventions.
If Your Dog is Suffering from Separation Anxiety
Seeing us go to work in the morning might be upsetting for most dogs. However, some dogs have a really hard time dealing with anxiety issues related to separation.
The problem is even worse if the dog is left alone during this period. Having a method to interact with your dog at that time can really help in lifting their moods and giving him the daily dose of love that they’re used to.
If your dog gets bored with being alone, some cameras might provide more than just checking and tossing a treat as if you’re there.
You can get one that offers fun activities like visual and tactile games. For example, while laser pointers are more popular with cats, some dogs just love it too. Moreover, some cameras can go as far as releasing aromatherapy essential oils to help your dog relax!
Another cool feature that some of these dog cameras offer is the call button. For example, PetChatz has a separate PawCall button that allows your dog to call you!
If You Travel Frequently
Whether you go on a business trip or recreational ones, if you’re a travel guru, you won’t be able to take your dog with you everywhere.
Even if the house isn’t empty, you and your dog will feel like something big is missing. That’s where the doggie camera hops in for the rescue.
There are many jobs that require you to stay at work for a long time. For example, if you’re working in a remote job site or an oil field.
In all these cases, investing in a dog camera with multiple interactive features should be a great idea.
If Your Dog Has a Behavioral Issue
Separation anxiety isn’t the only way a dog reacts to their parents leaving for a long time. Some dogs might manifest their frustration in a variety of ways. One of these ways is the implementation of the old saying “when the cat’s away the mice will play”.
For example, a frustrated dog might start barking so loud which might be against noise policy in your neighborhood. Also, some dogs can be a bit messy, if they’re bored.
Dogs are smart enough to understand the fact that you’re not watching. While it might be funny or cute to see the mess that a dog makes, some valuable stuff might come in your dog’s way.
Having a camera that supports audio and video chat will help your dog stay out of trouble, at least for longer.
Also, if you have multiple pets in the house, it’ll help you to find the one that’s making all the mess. This can save you a lot of time and money, as it’ll help you act fast in terms of behavioral correction.
If Your Dog Is Old or Having Health Problems
As dogs get older, they might require some extra care due to health issues, which might affect their mood.
A dog camera will allow you to check on your beloved dogs and make sure they’re in good condition all the time.
If You’re a Dog Breeder
A dog camera is an excellent investment for a dog breeder. It helps them keep track of all the puppies and dogs around even if you’re spending some time away.
Things to Consider While Shopping for a Dog Camera Treat Thrower
It won’t take you long into shopping for a dog camera treat to realize that they’ve come a long way since their introduction.
Besides treat-dispensing, there are many aspects and features that a dog camera may offer. Let’s have a look at each one of the points, so you can choose the ones that will fit your needs the most.
The viewing angle is one of the most important aspects of a camera. It tells you how wide your shot will be and how much of a view will be included in your frame.
The wider the viewing angle, the more high-end your dog camera system will be, which means a higher price tag.
A good way to get enough viewing angle is to consider your needs. If you’re buying the camera to check on your little puppy while sleeping, a camera with a medium viewing angle would be enough for you.
If you want to monitor your rambunctious doggo, you might need a wider viewing angle for that. Besides viewing angle, some cameras might give you the ability to zoom or rotate the camera around, which sounds like a good feature to invest in.
Resolution tells you how defined your video quality will be. The last thing you wanna see when you turn on a camera is a bunch of rough pixels scattered around.
luckily, most cameras might offer up to 720p resolution, which is usually good enough for monitoring and seeing your dog moving around.
However, some cameras offer up to 1080p full HD resolution. These ones are great at capturing the cutest moments and sharing them with your family and friends.
If you work at night, there might not be plenty of light to view your dog properly. Also, if you’re flying abroad in a different timezone, a camera with night vision features could really save the day.
Night vision might kick the overall price up a notch but its totally worth it if you’re going to end up monitoring your dog at night.
Fortunately, night vision is one of the features that you can work your way around. For example, you can simply keep the lights on while you’re away. In fact, this might be better for dogs who suffer from darkness anxiety.
Also, if you have a sophisticated security system, it might allow you to turn the lights on or off via a mobile app. In that case, you won’t have to invest in an expensive treat-dispensing camera with night vision.
Ease of Setup and Use
One aspect that lay its shadows on the efficiency of the camera is the ease of installation. You need to make sure that you’ll be able to set the camera up and access all its features.
Similarly, you also need to have a peek at its user interface and see if you can deal with it remotely.
Similar to a security camera, some doggie cameras might also record their footage instead of streaming them only.
This feature is essential if you want to monitor your dogs’ behaviors while you’re away. In that case, you need to make sure that the camera has decent storage space or supports external memory cards.
Motion and Barking Alerts
Another beneficial feature for those who aim to monitor their dogs is motion and barking alerts. These features will allow the dog camera to push notifications to let you know when your dog is within the range of the camera.
For example, if you set the camera next to his or her feeding area, this can inform you that your dog is eating. Also, it’ll let you know if your dog is barking loudly.
Two-Way Audio Calls
Being able to talk to your dog is highly comforting and therapeutic for both of you. Dog cameras that allow two-way calls are the best way to communicate with your doggie. The feature is highly beneficial if you’re stuck being the desk for some overtime or traffic.
There you have it. A complete guide with everything you need to know before buying a dog camera treat thrower. As you can see, there are many options with different features that you can buy.
If you’re looking for a decent product that gives you excellent video and audio quality while allowing for treat tossing, Petcube Bites 2 should be your way to go.
However, if you prefer paying a bit extra to enjoy exquisite features, PetChatz HDX Dog Camera has got you covered. It supports 2-way video call and aromatherapy, which are features you might not find elsewhere.