Finding the right dog fence for your chihuahua can be a challenge. There are many types of fences available on the market. How can you know which one is the model that really fits the needs of your dog? Luckily, we’ve gone ahead and did the research for you.
We’ve made a list of the top 5 best wireless dog fence models for chihuahuas. You can also use these choices for your other small dogs. In some cases, the fences we have listed are perfect for the needs of puppies and cats as well. Here are our top 5 choices.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Pick: PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System
- Runner Up: PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
- Best for Shoppers on a Budget: 1 Dog Wireless Pet Containment System
- Best for Growing Dogs: Hokita Dog Fence Wireless Pet Containment System
- Best for Bad Dogs: WIEZ Dog Fence Wireless & Training System
- Are These Systems Customized to Respect My Wi-fi Signal?
- Can the Range of Each of These Systems Be Reduced to a Small Space?
- Can You Connect the System to a Receiver for a Larger Boundary?
Our Top Pick: PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System
When it comes to choosing a wireless dog fence to suit the needs of your chihuahua, we’ve picked a clear favorite for you. The new PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System really contain all of the elements you need to make a safe and secure environment for your chihuahua and other small dogs.
- Adjustable circular range has been specially designed to cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the portable indoor transmitter
- Wireless system is fully digital with no wire to string up or bury
- System is designed specifically to meet the needs of small dogs and even cats
- Battery life is a bit on the short side, only 2 months before it needs replacing
Runner Up: PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence
Our choice for runner up is the new PetSafe Free to Roam Dog and Cat Wireless Fence. This handy model contains most of the same elements as our top choice. Some readers may prefer it since it’s a bit more affordable. The same PetSafe quality that can be found in all of its top wireless dog fence models is here as well.
- Static-free reentry allows your chihuahua to get back in the fence without additional shocks
- Sets up in a very short amount of time, making it perfect for camping trips or for use at vacation homes
- waterproof collar fits dogs 5 pounds and up, making it perfect for chihuahuas
- Priced affordably but doesn’t quite come with all of the options of our top choice. Still a great runner up for customers on a budget
Best for Shoppers on a Budget: 1 Dog Wireless Pet Containment System
The new 1 Dog Wireless Pet Containment System is an excellent choice for readers who may be on a budget. It contains all of the basic elements that make up a safe and efficient wireless dog fence. It’s nothing fancy but it will definitely keep your chihuahua and other small dogs safely out of harm’s way.
- Works on a combination of wi-fi transmitter and receiver collar
- Creates a circular boundary with adjustable levels 1-100 up to 500 feet in radius
- Collar is waterproof, allowing your dog to play in the rain or the sprinkler system
- Receiver collar is rechargeable but the wi-fi collar is not and will need to be replaced eventually
Best for Growing Dogs: Hokita Dog Fence Wireless Pet Containment System
If you have a chihuahua puppy, you’ve got to face the fact that they are going to grow, at least a little. You therefore need to keep this in mind when you buy a new wireless dog fence to keep them in. You need a system that will adapt to their changing size. The new Hokita Dog Fence Wireless Pet Containment System is an excellent choice for this very reason.
- System can be set to alternate between fence mode and training mode at any time
- Collar receiver with high capacity built-in battery is fully rechargeable
- Collar is shock-proof, resistant to water, and environmentally safe
- System is definitely meant for small dogs and puppies who will grow up to be small dogs. If you have larger dogs, you’ll need a system with more capacity for containing them
Best for Bad Dogs: WIEZ Dog Fence Wireless & Training System
We all know a few bad dogs who constantly disobey orders or pretend not to hear when called. The new WIEZ Dog Fence Wireless & Training System is an excellent system that will keep even the baddest little chihuahuas safely contained as you train them to heed you.
- While in fence mode, mode, the control diameter can be up to 1968 feet with a 98 feet radius
- Dog training mode provides sound, vibration, and static warning functions
- Contains built-in rechargeable batteries
- Excellent for buyers on a budget. System may take a bit of getting used for small dogs who aren’t used to training
Are These Systems Customized to Respect My Wi-fi Signal?
All of the models on this list have been carefully vetted not to cause any kind of interference with your wi-fi signal.
Can the Range of Each of These Systems Be Reduced to a Small Space?
Each of the models on this list has the ability to reduce the signal to a very small range, usually about 70 feet at minimum. This is perfect for the needs of campers and RV users who need to keep their dog very close at hand.
Can You Connect the System to a Receiver for a Larger Boundary?
All of the systems on this list can be easily connected to a receiver in order to give your dog a much larger boundary to roam around in.