Table of Contents
The 3 Best Shock Collars For Aggressive Dog
Choosing a shock collar for your dog requires some careful research. You want to make sure that you are getting the very best shock collar for the needs of your dog. This means getting one that is sized and powered in a way that your dog can handle. There is no universal size or type for an item of this kind.
This means that you will have to choose a shock collar for your dog based on a number of criteria. This includes the size, age, weight, and breed of your dog. Smaller breeds will require a collar with less shock power. Larger breeds may need a bit more power in the collar to get them to heed and obey your commands.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick for the very best new shock collar will be the Dog Training Collar by Dog Care. This exciting new collar has all of the features that you have come to expect from a top rated maker. The collar is fully rechargeable and waterproof. It has been highly rated by industry experts and pet owners all over the world.
This particular unit comes with 3 training modes that include beep, vibration, and shock. The system has been specially designed to reduce the chances of giving your dog an accidental shock. Its waterproof design makes it much safer for your dog to wear out of doors. The collar is backed with a full warranty of guaranteed quality.
You can adjust the collar to fit comfortably on your dog. You can also fully adjust the level of shock on the collar to give your dog a much safer level of correction. This will reduce the chances of having an accident due to too much shock. It will also make getting a shock more corrective for your dog since it will happen less often.
- Multiple training modes dog shock collar with remote. Dogcare electronic dog training collar with remote provides 3 efficient and safe training modes (beep, vibration and shock modes) for you to teach a dog basic obedience commands and solve uncontrollable dog's behaviour problems
- Less accidental shock. Have you ever feel sorry for the accidental shock to your dog caused by your misoperation? Now with the DOG CARE shock collars for dogs with remote, no more accidental shock would happen to your dog. The security keypad lock prevent any misoperation on the remote. Feel easy to carry the remote without worrying about the accidental shock
- More channels maximum control. Unlike other training collar for up to 2 dogs training. Dogcare Dog Training Collar supports 9 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter. If you have more than 2 dogs in your house, dog remote shock collar waterproof would be a wonderful option for you
- Adjustable static levels and strap size. Do you fear to hurt your dog in Shock Mode? Dogcare Dog Training Collar offers adjustable 1~99 static level for you. You can adjust the accurate static level for your dog. Also this dog training shock collars for dogs with remote is size adjustable. Wonderful for 15lbs~100lbs size dogs
- Long remote range and battery life training collar for dogs effective training. Wireless control for up to 330 yards remote range. Feel easy to train your dog with Dogcare Electronic Dog Training Collar with remote in the park or backyard. Long battery life ensure you an effective dog training
Best For 2 Dogs and Long Distance
The best shock collar for 2 dogs as well as long distance will be the brand new NVK Shock Collars for Dogs with Remote. This handy new unit allows you to program two different channels for the two collars. It’s a feature that will come in handy when you have multiple dogs that will need training at the same time.
The collar comes complete with a remote and is completely waterproof. The signal is operable up to a distance of 1600 feet. This unit can safely train multiple dogs in a safe and efficient manner. It comes with a security lock that has been specially designed by industry experts to keep the collar functioning in the proper manner.
The system will require between 2 and 3 hours to charge up to the full level. Once it has been charged, it can last up to 15 days. The entire unit is covered with a full warranty of guaranteed quality that comes direct from the manufacturer. If you are looking for the best quality multi-channel collar for 2 dogs, this is the one.
- 3 Training Modes: with 3 training modes (Static Shock (1-99 levels), Vibration (1-9 levels), Beep)
- 4 Channel: NVK shock collar with remote support a maximum of 4 dogs training only 1 transmitter
- 1600ft Remote & Waterproof: Shock collar for dogs with range up to 1600ft, waterproof level IPX7
- Security Lock: The prevents misoperation on the remote, without worrying about the accidental shock
- Training Collar: Takes about 2 to 3 hours to charge fully and they will last for about 15 days.
High Quality Name Brand
Our choice for the top high quality name brand will be the new SportDOG Brand 425 Remote Trainer. This is a unit that boasts a number of high quality features including a 500 yard range of effective control. It has been highly rated by property owners and experts in the industry.
The unit comes complete with beep, vibrate, and shock levels to give your dog the warning they need to stay safely within the bounds of your property. The unit is fully waterproof and backed by a full warranty that comes straight from the maker. It fits most dog breeds 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes between 5 and 22 inches.
You can choose a wide variety of levels for training. The unit comes with vibration, tone, and 21 levels of static simulation. This makes it the perfect unit to keep your dog under control as you train them. The lithium ion battery is fully rechargeable and only requires between 2 and 3 hours to power up. The unit supports 3 additional dogs.
- Designed for high-drive, more stubborn dogs by offering a higher static stimulation range than the sd-425x
- 500-Yard range e-collar that can support training 3 dogs with the same remote with purchase of additional collars (SDR-AS)
- Choose to train with vibration (Buzz), Tone (beep), or 21 levels of static simulation in either momentary (nick) or continuous.
- Waterproof and submersible to 25 feet using dryer technology
- Lithium Ion, rechargeable batteries feature a 2-hour quick charge, and a low battery indicator lets you know when to charge.Remote Transmitter with antenna - 5.30 inch L X 1.70 inch W X 1.00 inch D
Are Shock Collars Effective For Aggressive Dogs?
Using a shock collar to control an overly aggressive dog can be very effective in some cases. The trick is not to do overdo it. If the dog is aggressive due to certain stimuli or “triggers,” it may be a good idea to identify and remove them from the equation.
If this does not work, you may have recourse to using the shock collar. Make sure to modulate the amount of shock for each offense. Give the dog a chance to learn from their actions and reward them if they refrain from repeating the same mistakes.
Can You Use A Shock Collar To Stop Biting?
You can also use a shock collar to convince your dog to stop biting. Don’t repeat the shock too often. The dog may get used to it, at which point it will lose its effectiveness.
The trick is to figure out the exact level of shock that will get their attention. Use the shock level sparingly so as not to injure your dog. A few good shocks should more than enough to help them get the point.
Can Shock Collars Cause Aggression?
If you use the shock collar too many times or at too high of a level, it can lead to problems. Your dog may get used to the level of shock to the point where it is no longer effective. They may also become very frustrated with you by being shocked by the collar too many times.
Your best bet is to back off using the shock function too often. It’s always best to use the warning beep and vibration functions. Use the shock only when absolutely necessary. This will reduce the number of times that your dog receives the shock. It will help control their aggression much more effectively.