A dog nail grinder is a simple dog grooming tool that helps you grind and shape the dog’s nails. It acts as a much safer alternative to nail clippers, and they’re specially designed to groom a pet’s nail.
Unlike nail clippers, which apply pressure on nails, nail grinders will grind the nail away at a high speed. They use materials similar to sandpaper to get the job done.
In the following article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to choose the best dog nail grinder of 2020.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks
- Top 5 Nail Grinders Available on the Market
- Why Have a Nail Grinder?
- Things to Look for in a Dog Nail Grinder
- Wrap Up
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks
- Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded
- INVENHO Pet Nail Grinder
- Hertzko Electric Pet Nail Grinder
- Oneisall Dog Nail Grinder
- Casifor Dog Nail Grinder and Clippers
Top 5 Nail Grinders Available on the Market
We scoured the market looking for the best dog nail grinding options out there. Let’s have a quick look at what each one of these grinders has to offer.
1. Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder – Quick Action
Casfuy grinder ensures safe grinding using a diamond bit, making it precise, easy to use, and quick.
The device produces low noise and operates at 2 different speeds and 3 grinding ports to suit all kinds of dogs.
Also, it’s battery-powered and operates for 2 hours after 3-hour charges. The device has an indicator, so you know when the device is ready for work.
- Safe, Effective & Precise Trimming: This dog nail grinder uses an advanced diamond drum bit grinder to deliver the safest, most comfortable pet claw grinding. Recommended by veterinarians and pet grooming professionals, painlessly and precisely trim your pet's nails anywhere.
- Advanced 2-Speed Switch & 3 Grinding Ports: The trimmer features an adjustable, low-high speed design powerful enough support heavy grinding. And with 3 ports to match small, medium, or large pets, simply choose the appropriate port and speed depending on your pet's size and nail hardness.
- Super Low Noise & Vibration: Many pets get stressed by the sound and vibration of pet nail grinder. However, our electric pet nail grinder uses a superior motor with whisper-quiet technology that produces a very low vibration to keep pets calm and help sand pets claws faster and easier.
- Rechargeable & Portable: The cordless dog grinder is rechargeable and has an indicator light on the bottom that turns on when charging. Each grinder has a built-in battery that lasts 2 hours after a 3-hour charge. The lightweight and ergonomic body design also makes it easier to handle in your right or left hand.
- The quality diamond bit get the job done quicker than most devices
- Decent battery life
- Operates at different speeds and various grinding ports
- While acceptable, it’s still a bit loud
2. INVENHO Pet Nail Grinder – Quiet and Budget Friendly
INVENHO is a great option if you’re looking for a quiet alternative to Casfuy. The device operates at about 50 decibels, so it’s noticeably quiet
The nail grinder also comes with a diamond bit grinder, which lasts for a long time.
It also has 3 grinding ports to suit different paw sizes and operates at two-speed levels. The device is battery powered and can be charged using a USB cord.
- The dog nail Grinder is improved with diamond bit Grinder, which is safer and more effective, no replacements needed. Reducing the risk of clipping the claws too short or hurt your pet.
- Equipped with three ports and 2 speed switch, the trimmer is widely applied to small, Medium, Large pets with different size nails.You can choose an appropriate port and speed depending on your pet's size and nail hardness for nails Grinding.
- Pet clippers for dogs with precision motor, low vibration design, free It from work noise of low than 40DB, to help the pet feel ease, making your pet no fear to trim their nails.
- Our nail Grinder is rechargeable; and includes a USB wire for your convenience, The piece over the stone can be removed for easy cleaning.
- This product was sold by dogjog. Any questions, please leave your messages, we will reply within 24 hour. Thanks for coming to dogjog and enjoy your shopping.
- You can use it with the cable plugged in for convenience
- Significantly quieter than many nail grinders on the market
- Comfortable for most dogs
- Takes a bit longer than others
3. Hertzko Electric Pet Nail Grinder – Ultra-Portable
If you’re looking for a dog nail grinder that’s significantly small and can be used anywhere, consider the Hertzko grinder.
The device comes with two ports to suit different nail sizes while protecting the paw. However, for huge nails, you can remove the ports and expose the diamond bit grinder entirely.
Using the USB charge wire, you can easily recharge the device from a wall, a laptop, or even a portable power bank!
- ★ SAFE & EFFECTIVE - Our Pet Nail Grinder is manufactured with Diamond Bit Grinder, which is safer and more effective than nail clipper to trim pet nails, reducing the risk of clipping the claws too short or hurt your pet. Great nail grinder to use for small & large dogs, cats rabbits and birds
- ★MULTIPLE SIZES TO MATCH YOUR PET'S NAILS: There are THREE SIZE OPENINGS in the grinder area; you can use any of the ports depending on your pet’s nail size. The SMALL and MEDIUM OPENINGS are for small and medium sized pets. For larger pets, the ENTIRE COVER CAN BE REMOVED TO EXPOSE THE ENTIRE BIT to easily trim large nails
- ★ULTRA-MUTED MOTOR – Our Pet Nail Trimmer is especially designed with low noise and low vibration, making your pet no fear to time their nails
- ★SIMPLE TO USE AND PORTABLE - our Nail Grinder is rechargeable; and includes a USB wire for your convenience
- ★EASY TO CLEAN - The cover can be removed for easy cleaning
- You can remove the port to suit huge nails
- Easy to clean
- The battery life starts dropping after several months
4. Oneisall Dog Nail Grinder – Powerful Motor
If your dog has a thick cuticle on its nails that needs an extra kick of power, the powerful motor of Oneisall grinder will get the job done easily.
Despite its power, it comes with three different protective ports to suit smaller dog paws as well.
The device also has a decent Ni-MH Battery with a long life of about 2 hours after 3 hours of charge. The grinder is also small enough to be carried around and charged using a USB cable.
- Powerful motor for quick trimming
- Comes with different ports for various sizes
- Easy to handle
- A bit pricey
5. Casifor Dog Nail Grinder – Huge Battery Life
As you can see, most devices last for 2 to 3 hours only after a charge. However, some people don’t like excessive charging.
This is what makes the Casifor nail grinder special. It has a huge battery life that can last up to 20 hours on a full charge.
Additionally, the grinder also has a stepless speed regulator. This means that you can fine-tune the speed of the motor to your preference!
Despite all that, the nail grinder is also super quiet, producing 40 decibels of noise on the lowest speed settings.
- Generous battery life
- Stepless speed regulator
- Ultra-quiet motor
- The motor is weaker than other options
Why Have a Nail Grinder?
A nail grinder is a great pet grooming tool that has a lot of advantages. Let’s have a brief overview of them.
Easier to Use than a Nail Clipper
The problem with nail clippers is that they need a high level of precision, so you don’t cut into the dog’s quick. This can be painful on your pooch and cause bleeding.
While you might still hit the dog’s quicks with a nail grinder, it’s much easier to avoid even if you have unsteady hands.
Saves a Lot of Money
Dogs need trimming every 4 to 8 weeks to keep them in good shape. Booking an appointment for nail care every 2 months can set you back quite a hefty sum in the long run.
Using a nail grinder will help you get the job done from the comfort of your home, without having to pay for expensive vet visits.
Besides costing you less, it’s also pretty efficient! Nail grinders can give you a much smoother finish than a nail clipper.
These smooth edges of the nails make it a lot easier to play with your dog without scratches and accidents. Moreover, prevent them from pinching into carpets, furniture, and clothes.
Things to Look for in a Dog Nail Grinder
While shopping for a dog nail grinder, there are some aspects that you need to keep on your radar. Here’s what you should be looking for.
While we can handle a bit of noise, it can easily frighten your dog. Look for a grinder than produces noise less than 60 decibels for a smoother and more comfortable session.
The secret behind the dog’s comfort is the quality of the internal grinding wheel. The better the quality, the quicker and easier the job will be for you and your pooch.
Make sure that the device comes with various speed levels, so you can adjust it to the comfort of your doggie. An excessively powerful grinder can be a little too much for small dog breeds.
A dog nail grinder is a great alternative to keep your dog’s nail trimmed with no pain. We recommend Casfuy Grinder as the best dog nail grinder in 2020.
Despite having a bit of noise, it’s still acceptable to most dogs. The device is decently powerful and comes with all the needed attachments to suit different dog sizes.
If you’re looking for battery life and adjustability, you can go for Casifor Dog Nail Grinder. It can last for up to 20 hours and features a stepless speed regulator for a high level of speed control!