Looking for a fashionable way to tote your pup around? In this article we’ll cover some of the best dog carrier purses available. We’ll show you what to look for and what to avoid at all costs.
Note: If you click some of the links in this article we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- The Top 10 Choices for Dog Carrier Purses
- Dog Carrier Totes
- Discreet Dog Purses
- Extra Small Dog Carrier Purse
- Stylish Dog Carrier Purses
- Best for Budget
- Best for Brown or White Dogs
- Best Retro Look
- Best Hard Bottom for Sensitive Dogs
- Dog Carrier Purses with Extra Space
- DIY – How to Make a Dog Carrier Pack or Purse
The Top 10 Choices for Dog Carrier Purses
Dog Carrier Totes
Discreet Dog Purses
Extra Small Dog Carrier Purse
Stylish Dog Carrier Purses
Best for Budget
Best for Brown or White Dogs
Best Retro Look
Best Hard Bottom for Sensitive Dogs
Dog Carrier Purses with Extra Space
DIY – How to Make a Dog Carrier Pack or Purse
The following tutorial will show you how to quickly make a safe dog purse out of an old tote bag.
Step 1 – Get Basic Supplies
You’ll need the following items:
- Old (or new) tote bag
- Fabric Glue
- Seam Ripper
- Needle and Thread
- Bolt Snap
- Key Ring
Step 2 – Build a space for your dog’s head
- Rip one side. Use the seam ripper to open up 4 – 5 inches of seam from the top of one side of the tote
- Use the needle and thread to reinforce the bottom of the ripped seam
- Fold the two corners in and use the pins to hold them in place
- Iron these corners
- Remove the pins, open the corners, and apply fabric glue along the edges and to the center
- Place a heavy object to hold the flaps down and allow the glue to set
Step 3 – Build a Mini Leash and Attach inside the Bag
Cut 10-12 inches of elastic, thread one end through the bolt snap and the other end through the key ring. Use the needle and thread to sew the folded pieces together. You should have an 8 to 10 inch length of elastic with the bolt snap sewed on one end and the key ring sewed on the other.
Sew the key ring on the inside of the tote just below the ripped seam. You’ll clip the bolt snap to your dogs harness to keep them secure.
Step 4 – Sew snaps along the top edge of the bag near the middle.
This is to snap the bag and keep it shut, also keeping your dog secure.
This is to keep them warm and secure.
Final Step – Add your dog!
Use the bolt snap to clip on to their harness. Then use the snaps to close the top of the bag.
You’re ready to roll!